Our family of 4 spent 3 nights total in this hotel. It had been recommended to us by a close friend. Initially, I was a little unsure of the recommendation the email contact person (who we never met) can occasionally sound curt, which was unusual for the places we were looking to stay in Peru. Ultimately, when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised.
Albergue is elegantly simple. The front desk staff; Sergio and Vicky are awesome. When we asked for anything out of the ordinary Sergio would reply pleasantly with “anything is possible here.” We really felt like anything was possible and with a smile. We felt welcome, taken care of and even part of a community. Sergio always has a smile and took care of every detail. Vicky took time after work to guide us to a neighboring town and assist us in dropping off a gift we had been sent with. THANK YOU BOTH.
They had a room that could accommodate all 4 of us. Good crisp linens, heated bathroom floor and magnificent view of the glacier in the distance.
The food at the restaurant is reasonable priced and SO good. We ate almost all of our meals right there. Breakfast is included with the room, which included: fruit, toast, juice, coffee, tea and a choice of eggs, French toast or pancakes. The hotel has an organic farm that much of their restaurant food comes from.
We loved the, fill your water bottle for 1 sole vs the continuous purchase of plastic water bottles. GREAT IDEA.
The grounds are beautiful, flowers everywhere, when first arriving or looking on the internet you see that Albergue is right at the train station. I was assured that it was quiet, brought ear plugs anyway, but honestly we could hear the train horns far in the distance only. The last train is at 9pm anyway. Our sleep was never interrupted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley