A very friendly hotel in a great location with a fine restaurant, this hotel tries hard to please. With one exception. It lacks heat. Technically, it has little oil filled radiators in the rooms, but we found that ours only put out enough heat for the bathroom, barely. Granted the depth of winter in July only produced temperatures down to about 30 degrees fahrenheit when we were there, but it was cold enough to make coming out from under the comfortable down duvets downright undesirable. Bring your best fur-lined jammies if you plan to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley