My wife and I stayed at El Albergue for 4 nights and found the location in proximity to great hiking and walks, and steps from rail peru for connection to machu picchu.
The rooms vary, and we got one with a private bath; and it was beautifully renovated. The bathroom was modern, yet the floors, doors and windows seemed original; and the decor was perfect for an Andes retreat. The art work in the room of the properietor, Wendy Weeks, was not very good; but she did a great job restoring the Inn.
The staff was great, and breakfast options were a nice start to the day in a cozy setting with staff and fellow travelers. The staff certainly goes out of their way to meet any request. We even got a backpack strap sewed up by the wife of a gentlemen who worked for the property. The courtyard is private, and beautifully landscaped.
The rooms are next to a train station, so you will hear the train. I highly recommend the unique accomodations of El Albergue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley