1,939 results
All reviewsorganic farmtrain platformpachamanca lunchtrain noisesacred valleyeucalyptus saunawendy weeksgreat restaurantbalcony roomconvenient locationtaking the trainearly trainin townbeautiful gardentrip to machu picchuan oasislight sleeper
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Don't let the location at the train station dissuade you from staying here. We spent 5 nights total in this hotel and enjoyed every minute. The rooms are large with a rustic flavor -wood beams etc, and are comfortable with all the conveniences. The view from our rooms (15 and 16) was great and we were close to everything we wanted to see and do. The staff, from the moment of booking, were efficient and friendly, making our stay even more enjoyable. The restaurant on site was fantastic- we ate there every night, it was that good. Thanks for a great time in Ollanta.

Room Tip: 15 and 16 are upstairs and look over the valley to the snowcapped mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Celtie14
Reviewed 17 January 2014

What a surprise and wonderful experience we had at this hotel. We arrived from Puno late at night and our driver drove along the road to the train station and said we will walk the rest of the way...your hotel is "in" int train station. We had been travelling 13 hours, so I assumed it was going to be a "minor" hotel, but it was OK, since we needed to sleep.

Wow, what a beautiful and comfortable hotel it was. We stayed in 8 hotels during our stay in Peru and none came close to the comfort, beauty and wonderful food we had there. As we discovered, Wendy Weeks, an American painter from Seattle is the owner. My hat if off to you! You are an amazing hotelier.

Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We loved this small , rustic hotel and our charming little room (3x beds and minute bathroom) looking out onto the train station. We leaned out of the window like school children watching the trains go by and were fascinated by the variety of people passing by. From the first e-mail to the very last , I got an excellent service and very good advise from Sergio.They omit to service our room (lost key) , but when we mentioned it to Sergio , the service charge was immediately deducted from our bill. The restaurant is convenient and the food is average. We have fond memories of this hotel and I will recommend it as the best stopover to Machu Picchu!

Room Tip: Ask for the room overlooking the train-station - it has a fabulous vibe!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I planned this trip and selected this location 6 months before my visit after hearing about it from friends and reading about it in Lonely Planet. Sergio answered my first email with such enthusiasm and willingness to help not only with the room bookings but with other activities that I knew it would be a great experience. We had just come off a dive trip to the Galapagos and needed to store gear before leaving for Aguas Calientes -- All this was accommodated perfectly. The location is ideal especially for folks who want easy access to the train and also to the local sites. We ended up eating all our meals in the restaurant, each with different selections, and of local specialties, each beautifully prepared. My room was in the front but I kept the windows closed and did not hear the train noise. Others with me were in the back and never heard a thing. Sergio immediately understood exactly what we were looking for - good value, attention to tourism plans - he recommended a guide who we ended up using for 2 days, organized a pick up at the airport in Cusco and a drive through Chincero. We had planned to do the farm lunch but the rain was so severe that it was cancelled, we understand it is special. I would highly recommend El Albergue for folks who want the flavor of the area in a space that is comfortable and clean with basic amenities and one that offers a very welcoming and cheerful and helpful environment.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the train tracks do hear train noise. The garden rooms are very quiet. All the rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol A
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Loved it! I can't say enough good about this hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean, tastefully decorated -- Beautiful and so comfortable! The best night's sleep I had the entire trip. It's such a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere (which is hard to believe being right across from the train station). My kids LOVED playing with the bunnies in the garden. They also showed us their organic farm. My husband was concerned about there not being a tv in the rooms, but the farm experience kept us entertained. Loved the garden. A very relaxing and enjoyable experience. We also loved the restaurant. The food was incredible. All of my kids (and they can be picky!) loved their food (dinner and breakfast). All around great! We wish we would have stayed another night!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family