Just returned from a 3 day stay at El Albergue. Sergio was super helpful in getting us set up ahead of time with transportation and answered all questions (superb English) when we were there. Booking tickets while in the states to Machu Picchu was confusing. We asked Sergio for help when we got there and he noticed that although we had paid for our tickets, we still had no tickets printed out! He did that for us. Thank goodness!!! The hotel is fabulous. Huge room with super comfy bed, clean, simple yet beautiful, HOT water in shower, excellent food, adorable café, quiet and lovely gardens. It is like a secret hideaway behind the train station. The rooms look exactly as you see the pics on their website. I saw the most vibrant colored and huge hummingbird in their gardens. Internet was good in the room and café. We went to happy hour each day (2 for 1 Pisco Sours). Yummy! Such a great location for a hotel...at the train station so you can roll out of bed to get your train to MP in the early am. Don't worry about noise. It is not an issue. Excellent and comfortable. Don't rush your stay here. You can sit back and enjoy this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley