My friend and stayed 2 nights at this beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed. We stayed in room 7. The room was clean and spacious. We ate at the restaurant both nights; the food was delicious and served creatively, definitely some of the best I've had. The first night, we planned to have dinner but were not aware we had to make a reservation either way the general manager made sure we had a table. Super nice guy. Hotel is conveniently located by the train station which made it easy to get up, dress, have breakfast and walk to the train. On the day we went to Machu Picchu, they prepared two box lunches, we requested that same morning. They got them ready even in the short notice and before our train departed. We loved everything about El Albergue, the staff, the decor, the food but most of all their attentiveness. Highly recommend El Albergue and hope to go back and stay longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley