This was a wonderful place to stay and relax for our visit to Machu Picchu. We spent 3 nights here and loved every minute of it! The grounds are exquisite gardens that wrap around this building originally built in 1925 with an addition later added. All of the staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly. Our room was immaculate with a rustic feel of a mountain retreat. Best of all, we always had plenty of hot water and great towels. Our view from the second floor (#15) looked out toward snow covered mountains....it was magical.
Every morning the included breakfast couldn't have been more generous....omlettes, eggs cooked to order, French toast, pancakes, homemade bread, fruits, cereals, juices, coffees and more!
They also have an organic farm next door so freshness is insured and it was! This place was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley