The location for this hotel is great and the room is very nice (aside from the lack of hot water in the solar heated rooms), but what bugs me were the fees. There is a 10% service fee which isn't fully disclosed when booking the room, which is the first thing. Then, when checking out, I was informed that they could only charge credit cards in the Peruvian currency even though I was given a rate in USD. No big deal, but then they tried to use THEIR exchange rate in converting USD to PEN when charging my credit card, not the bank exchange rate. Nowhere was any of this disclosed. I had to argue with several people until they finally backed off and used the daily bank exchange rate. I think the hotel overall was nice, but I don't appreciate being financially ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley