We stayed three nights. We felt at home in the quiant architecture of this historic hotel. White stucco, dark wood beams, shutters and doors. Simple furnishings and Windy Weeks beautiful paintings adorning the walls. We enjoyed the courtyard and therestaurant served wonderful meals and delicious breads. Best shower I had in Peru.
The service was wonderful. Oh I was concerned about it being right at the train station. The trains do not run at night and the times your hear a whistle only adds to the charm. After touring the sacred vally for five days i am convinced it is the best place in the valley. The location is perfect. We had two drivers hired through the hotel and they were great. We love this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley