If we didn't end our trip staying at a super chic hotel in Lima, this hotel would have been our favorite of our whole trip.
You can't tell from the oustide entrance of this hotel, but inside is a super cute and charming courtyard where the rooms are found. The hotel staff is perfection! We had an issue with our train tickets, and the next morning when we went to go solve the issue, we found that the hotel manager had already gone to the train station for us -- at 6am!
Don't forget to try their restaurant. We ate here both nights of our stay because it was so convenient and so delicious -- some of the best food on our trip. Try the trout and pastas!!
People have complained about hearing train whistles in the morning. We did not experience this because we were already up at 5:30/6am getting ready for our day. It seems as though most hotel guests were also up at this time. SO if you do plan on sleeping in on your vacation to Peru, then maybe this isn't the place for you. But, most people don't sleep in on their trip to Peru -- we didn't think we'd be getting up at 5:30 in the morning either, but somehow you just end up doing it!!!
Finally, the location is unbeatable if you plan on going from Ollanta directly to MPicchu. The hotel is past security in the train area, which means you don't have to arrive early for your train. Instead, you can pop out and hop right on.
Oh -- one final thought. Fodors commented that this place had "huge" breakfasts. Its just not true. Actually, the smallest on our entire trip. Not a huge deal, but just FYI to all of you out there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley