My wife and I stayed at El Albergue for 3 nights in late June in the middle of a 3 week tour of Peru. It was by far our favorite place to stay and we'd go back in a heartbeat. The hotel is cahrming, well-kept historic property dripping with character and a gorgeous and quiet courtyard (a bit surprising considering its location right next to the Machu Picchu train). We also loved the home made, gourmet cuisine at the restaurant on site, the wood-fired sauna, and generally excellent service. I was sick with a bad stomach bug when we arrived, and this place helped nurture my body and spirit. A special note of appreciation for LLuc, Adela and Joaquin for their attention and great service. Worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley