We stayed here 2 nights last week (had wanted to stay 3, but it was booked). If you plan on spending some time in Ollantaytambo - - certainly recommended; it's a great village and warrants more than a 1-day tour - - this is the place to use as your home base.
It's not big and not for anyone looking for 'plush' surroundings. Think of history, character, warm woods: a simple small country inn with a phenomenal staff that help make your stay (thank you Sergio, Lluc and all others)! The rooms are simple and comfortable, tastefully decorated and full of character; the 2nd floor balcony overlooks a lovely small garden. The cozy dining room serves a hearty breakfast and wonderful and imaginative dinners. We were sad to have to leave and spend our 3rd night in Ollantaytambi in another hotel. If you can - stay here! This is truly a unique property, both in terms of the staff as well as the feeling of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley