After reading several reviews, we choose to book at The Albergue. We did everything through email with Sergio who was very kind at everytime.The hotel is located inside the train station, you have to pass through the gates from the street, you don`t have to wait in line just said to the security guards that you are going to the hotel.The gates are at the end of a very slim street fulll with vendors and store (there you can buy sodas and ask to keep them in the hotel fridge). The hotel is very picturesque, the wi fi works better in the old rooms. They gave us room number 3 facing the train station so it was hard to sleep because of the vibration and noise of the trains. The room was ok, everything works wells, the breakfast and food was very good. The staff is great and very kind. From the hotel to the Ollanta ruins and square you can take a biketaxi for 1 sol per person. We love this place, they offer excellent service, for example:they prepared our breakfast at 5AM the day we took the train to MPichhu and kept in custody our big luggage for 2 days.
We love our stay here !!
Thanks all traveller for your reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley