No praise is strong enough for this establishment. With cloud covered forested hills all around, there is a spiritual quality about this place that is hard to define. Just across the railway station on which the hotel is located, flows a beautiful stream that goes all the way towards Machu Pichu. The service is exemplary and rooms impeccably furnished. I have not been to many restaurants in all my travels which serve better food. My wife and I had the most perfect 3 days of holidays there, and so did our friends who were traveling with us. We are planning to go back and stay for a longer period. The price is a little steep but it is worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley