“Excellent downhill mountain bike experience”
Review of KB Tambo Tours

KB Tambo Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.00*
and up
Mountain Bike Adventure on Abra Malaga
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Ollantaytambo's first tour company, operating continuously since 2002. Will "KB" Janecek came from Colorado/Minnesota to Ollantaytambo to explore the mountains and learn the culture. He spent a decade and a half living in this tiny village, explored and learned, wrote a trail guidebook for the region, and made several adventure movies with RedBull and GoPro, among others. Today, he still answers each and every email himself - the best way to give you direct, one-on-one access to his vast knowledge of this area and the love he has for the people of Peru and his admiration for the Incas. We have a gear office in Ollanta but work primarily via email and we answer all emails very, very promptly !
Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent downhill mountain bike experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I decided to book the Inca avalanche ride for a day and it was awesome. Jose was an excellent tour guide and was very knowledgeable. Everyone working at KB Tambo was very friendly. I highly recommend this ride. Next time I will just stay at KB Tambo. Thank you for he hospitality.

Visited October 2013

Eagle, Colorado
“DH Biking Peru Style, an Epic Adventure”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Though a lot of things did not cooperate exactly with us on our trip, mostly weather (quite a bit of rain, and an unexpected blizzard!), KB and crew were very helpful and accommodating in getting other arrangements made while we were there, and working with our schedule to help us make the most out of our trip. We were mostly there for biking, and the downhill biking and guides provided were amazing. We did some of the most spectacular, challenging, and fun riding I have ever experienced in my life. We had the opportunity to ride with three different guides: KB, Lars, and Jose. All of them were great! KB Tambo hostel was a great place to stay as well, with a comfortable and laid back atmosphere, and easy access to everything around Ollantaytambo. The food right at the hostel itself is great (be sure to try the lasagna!). Bottom line, if you are looking for an epic downhill mountain bike trip, with great guides, in an absolutely amazing location, there is nowhere else to look. We will be back!

Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A place you won't want to leave : KB Tambo”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

KB Tambo was the first place I stayed on my first trip outside of North America. I was surprised when I checked into my room which was modestly priced at $22 for a Garden View room. Beds were more than comfortable especially after a long day's hike. Best showers I had during my stay in Peru. The view from the room was phenomenal. Below was a beautifully decorated garden and above I could see the Ollantay ruins and mountains. The complimentary breakfasts were fantastic as well. I recommend getting to the dining room early if they are busy and get a seat in front of the window. Great views there too and it was wonderful enjoying my morning coffee while watching locals go about their daily routines. I stayed there for a night before I went to Aguas Calientes for a couple days. I arrived back in Ollantay sometime around midnight and the staff was more than courteous upon my late arrival. The next day I decided to go to Pumamarka which was great in itself. I had talked to a couple local taxi operators who were charging an arm and a leg for a ride there. One request to the front desk and I had a ride within 15 minutes for only a quarter of the price. I had only planned on staying two days in Ollantay, but decided to stay a while longer and the staff was more than willing to make arrangements for me on such short notice. They even allowed me to store my larger pack there while I was off on my excursions and no longer staying as a guest. By far they provided me with my best experience in Peru which is saying something considering the whole trip was absolutely amazing. Can't wait to go back and this time experience a few of the treks they offer.

Visited October 2012
auburn
“book with KB”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My best friend and I just traveled with KB on a trip that included biking and hiking. It totally exceeded our expectations! Accomidations, food, and activity were great; the trip was the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure. A guided trip for those who wouldn't normally book a guide, KB made traveling easy.

Visited July 2013
Schenectady, New York
“Epic Peru...”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

When I tell people I went to Peru, they of course say "Macchu Pichu". Well, yes, but it says something about this trek that, as awesome as MP is, it is was only a small part. The trek is very difficult-- but equally awesome. KB and staff are professional and they accommodate each member of the group. No one gets left behind. All gear is taken care of, and you will see things that are rare. If you want the "Four Seasons" , not the trip for you. But if you like adventure, off the beaten path experiences, exploring where many others dare not go-- this is the trek and probably one of the best trips I will ever take in my life.

Visited June 2013