Dona Catta Inn
US$29
US$49
Ccapac Inka Ollanta(Ollantaytambo)
US$60
All reviewsla casa del abuelofruit saladriverside locationeggsmachu picchutrain stationhot waterbutter jamsingle roomexcellent coffeesacred valleytop floorthe main squarepacked breakfaststreet noisearranging transportationnice breakfast
Reviewed 7 April 2014

What a lovely place! Catty and Henry take loving care of the hostel and of their guests. The rooms are fresh and squaky clean. I really enjoyed sleeping under a deliciously warm, light-weight duvet rather than the 4-ton wool blankets that are standard fare in Andean hostels. Unexpected surprise: I found in my room a little packet of shampoo, a small candy bar and a bottle of water. Though I had to leave quite early, the hosts were there with a real breakfast. I felt as though I were leaving long-time friends. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here after a long (but incredible!) day at Machu Picchu. Ollantaytambo is beautiful and it was nice to wake up here rather than in Aguas Calientes. We arrived late and were greeted with a smile and a clean, cozy and comfortable room. The owners are SO nice and have an adorable baby girl. They even had a gift of delicious chocolates from a local store waiting for my daughter in honor of her birthday that day. Breakfast was served in the sunny and bright lobby area and was delicious! We loved this place and definitely recommend it as THE place to stay in Ollantaytambo!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

By far, this was the best place to stay in all of Peru. Finally a clean, hot shower with pressure, clean beds and rooms. Very friendly hosts that can even give you a to-go breakfast in the morning for Machu Picchu. Very cheap prices. Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SCM84
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was there few months ago and I could't find a better place to stay like this La Casa del Abuelo, the owner are very friendly we can talk like older friends... the food was excellent!! Henry is a very good chef... delicious food!! the location is close everywhere...the room nice and clean..for sure the next time I will stop by again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It´s a lovely little place, close to the plaza and the owners are extremely friendly and helpful.

I found the room to be a bit cold and I was given an extra blanket.

I also found there wasn´t quite enough hot water for me to wash my hair and shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo