“Wonderful Experience”

Melissa Wasi
Ranked #4 of 18 Pisac B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I first stayed at another place in Pisac, but then when walking by Melissa Wasi, I decided to change and definitly did not regret it. The owners and the whole family and Staff are wonderful and helpful and you feel like you are part of a big family. The grounds are lovely with a wonderful view of Intihuatana. The matresses and down comforters where excellent and I slept like a baby.
Breakfast had everything you needed and the Restaurant on the premises has excellent Italian food. i defintly will be back....Thank you so much again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ingrid M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

From the moment I stepped foot in Melissa Wasi to the moment I left, I had the most positive experience. The place is absolutely beautiful; it definitely exceeded my expectations. And I couldn't say enough about the people that run this place - amazing family full of kindness. All I could say now is "THANK YOU" for such a blessed experience, and I would recommend Melissa Wasi to everyone.

Thanks again :)
Julian

Room Tip: From what I saw - all the rooms are close to each other and I would say equally great :)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julian P
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were really looking forward to our stay at Melissa Wasi but ended up being disappointed because the entire place was deserted due to few guests the two days we were there. It is a beautiful property but it was very expensive and we felt at those prices we should have been well taken care of... the location is not optimal as you must take a cab after dark because the walk into town, and back is on very isolated dirt paths with wild dogs that we were told to beware of... the walk is fine during the day though... We ended up eating our dinners at the Pisac Inn and wishing we had stayed there... it was about half the cost.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we saw were beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Owners are lovely and helpful. Upgraded us to a bungalow as we stayed 5 nights. Breakfast good! Set in a stunning garden 5 min drive from town. They give free use of scooters which is a big bonus. Staff are so sweet and friendly. Great place to just relax for a few days. Town is fabulous with its artisan market and ruins awesome. Owners even gave us a lift back to cuzco as they were going that day and refused our offer of petrol money. Highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MelanieBold1
Istanbul
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent three nights, but I feel like I could stay there for three months. Set in a wonderful natural environment, in a valley full of sunlight, at Melissa Wasi, Joyce and Chito make you feel home. Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and well organized with very comfortable beds and down duvets. Breakfast is excellent and also the food served at the nearby "Trattoria" restaurant. Only five minutes drive to Pisac center, I would definitely recommend Melissa Wasi to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HighLifeH-L
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The place is settled at a very quite and peaceful valley. The environment and view is beautiful. You get to see mountains surrounding you every morning when you wake up, it's incredible. The hosts, Chito and Joyce are very nice. They make you feel at home. The social environment is lively. You can strike up a conversation with anybody. I will definitely go again to this place and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zeynepu U
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I spent a week at Melissa Wasi during a retreat - suffice it to say, I will never stay anywhere else when I return to Pisaq. Melissa Wasi is an extraordinarily peaceful place with beautiful and well-kept gardens. Chito is a gracious host and always there if you have a question or need something. Melissa Wasi has an onsite temple building for meditation and an excellent onsite restaurant (Trattoria) with a menu of both vegetarian and meat-based dishes - the chef used to be the traveling chef with the Rolling Stones, or so I was told! The pumpkin ravioli was out of this world! My room was very clean, I never got cold (down comforters) and there was ample hot water. It's a 5-10 minute walk into Pisaq - which is just right because it makes Melissa Wasi so quiet. Amazing, people!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jill_Farrell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pisac
Royal Inka Hotel Pisac
#2 of 18 in Pisac
Pisac Inn
Pisac Inn
#1 of 18 in Pisac

Been to Melissa Wasi? Share your experiences!