“One of the best places.”
Review of Melissa Wasi

Melissa Wasi
Ranked #3 of 20 Pisac B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My friend, my brother, and I stayed in a cabin at Melissa Wasi. Wow, from the moment we arrived we could tell it is a special paradise. The physical environment from the landscape to the buildings is absolutely stunning. You can tell a lot of love and strong intention went into this place. The space made us feel totally grounded after feeling a bit jostled in Cusco. Ooof and they provide scooters to use which was AMAZING to ride around the sacred valley and up to the ruins, which are visible from the grounds! And they had firewood for our beautiful stone fireplace! Most importantly, the inhabitants of Melissa Wasi from the people to the animals were all such kind and wonderful beings. Chito in particular went out of his way to demonstrate his casa was our casa. He invited us to sample some fine pisco when we first met and consistently made a point of checking up on us and making sure we were well. He even helped my friend who left his passport at Melissa wasi by express shipping it to Arequipa! This is really one of the best places in the world.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This B&B is very quiet and restful, yet a short taxi ride (S/.5)or walk to town. Breakfast is a full bar, at the onsite restaurant, which also served a variety of delicious dinners (not included in the B&B price). Our room was actually a detached cabin with bed loft, skylit bathroom, kitchen, reading area and fireplace (firewood provided). A trio of happy dogs were available if you need your dog fix; otherwise, they leave you alone.

Room Tip: Thee are larger and smaller rooms, priced accordingly. Since they were not full when we were there...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place was truly a surprise. I didn't think I'd be staying at such a gorgeous place for the price. Such a beautiful, peaceful and serene place. If you're looking to disconnect completely, this is the place to go! Time seemed to go by very slowly while I was there. I'd definitely come back .

The owners, Melissa and Chito are very nice people. If you run into them in the morning they'll invite to have breakfast. If you need a taxi they'll call one for you. Great people!

They also hold ayahuasca ceremonies on the premises which are very safe. They will not let you go off alone or wander. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't expect a pool or fitness center. If you want to exercise take a walk into Town.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Without a doubt the best hotel experience I have ever had. You cannot find a more relaxed, friendly and beautiful place. The owner made us feel like we were part of his family. And the surrounding s are astounding, situated as it is in a beautiful valley beneath the mountain s. If you are anywhere close to Peru, don't miss out on a visit to Melissa Wasi!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Very charming place with a romántica view if the Sacred Valley. Delicious menu and the owners are so adorable. As usual, I ordered the pizza and it was Espectacular! Definitely a must if you come to visit the cute nearby toen of Pisac.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for nine days during a retreat. It was such a welcoming, serene setting that I decided to continue the rest of my vacation there - even while I traveled to Machu Picchu for 3 days. Joyce and Joe (owners, I believe) are simply wonderful! I believe the pricing is very competitive, but I saw no need to even check elsewhere. I'm planning another trip to Pisac in August and I know I'll be staying here. Like I told them upon returning from Machu Picchu, "It sure is good to be 'home' again!"

I'm a single female and I didn't feel the need to lock my door! It's a unique set-up here.

Room Tip: I was very happy with my room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A real highlight of my trip to Peru. A tranquil peaceful location away from the noise of the town. Stunning views of the mountains and rustic style comfortable accommodation. There were friendly helpful staff, a laid back atmosphere, beautiful gardens, and an excellent breakfast including freshly cooked pancakes. And it really can't go without being mentioned, your charming warm host Chito.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Unfoldment
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pisac
Royal Inka Hotel Pisac
La Casa Del Conde
La Casa Del Conde
#2 of 20 in Pisac
Hospedaje Chaska Pisac

Been to Melissa Wasi? Share your experiences!