“Very good location - average service”

Villa Urubamba Sacred Valley
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Urubamba
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Villa Urubamba is a very nice location. Spacious garden with a large garden house for exercise, singing, group work or drumming. The rooms are well kept.
The staff is polite but lacks the hospitality we have experienced elsewhere in the region. We have had a few requests (not extraordinary) that were either ignored or fulfilled reluctantly.
Food is reliable, but we were sorry to meet the "pre-processed" vegetables when Peru has such a wonderful variety of vegies.

1  Thank LaciGy
CuevaM, Director Comercial at Villa Urubamba Sacred Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear sir / madame. I would not like to delay more our response to your beautiful comments at Trip Advisor

This kind of comments help us a lot with our future guests

Please be welcome in your next trip to our country and place

Best regards from sunny valley

....memories to remember

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Villa Urubamba was like a garden oasis. Beautiful property, very large rooms with nice showers. Complimentary coca tea, nice food in the restaurant, free breakfast, and a cool separate lounging or yoga room.
It was a bit out of the way from the center of town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CuevaM, Director Comercial at Villa Urubamba Sacred Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear sir

We do appreciate very much your nice comments on Trip Advisor. You are welcome again to our hotel when you have time to back to Peru

Best regards from sunny valley, saludos

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This location was booked by Overseas Adventure Travel. Since checkin is handled by OAT, it was easy and quick. The grounds are beautyfull, food enjoyable and rooms quiet and comfortable. This was our third lodge/hotel on our trip and the facilities were the best of all. Shower was strong, water hot and that is appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Good afternoon Mr. Charles L.

Thank you very much for your comments at Trip Advisor. We really appreciate them and we do hope to have you or your family among us, in your next trip

Best regards, saludos

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I did not make the reservations, we were part of a tour group, but I was very happy when we arrived. The grounds are beautiful. And our room was very nice, a bit cold in the evening but I knew that from reading reviews so I was prepared. I wear earplugs when I travel so I didn't notice any noise but also didn't hear anyone from our group comment about noise issues. Most of the rooms do not have TV's, one but one of the travelers in our group had a TV (there is one in the bar as well) so we got to watch some American Football one night. We were very aware that Wi-Fi was only available in certain areas, the best being by the bar, I didn't have a phone or any device that required Wi-Fi, but those who did said reception was best by the bar. We had dinner at the hotel one evening and the food was good. It was one of our group members birthdays and the hotel had a very nice cake for her. Breakfast was good, I enjoyed the local tea that helps with altitude issues. I got up early in the mornings because I like to watch birds and I saw plenty. I saw the a Giant Humming bird several times I also saw a Long Tailed Sylph. Lots of birds to watch. We did pay our bar bill with a credit card and didn't have any problems, our hotel was covered in our tour price. If you want anything from the bar and no one is there you just have to ask at the desk and they will come and get whatever you need. I had a great time and would defiantly return to this property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
CuevaM, Gerente at Villa Urubamba Sacred Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear sir, we do appreciate very much your comments and we are very happy you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Hoping to have you soon again among us, I remain

Reviewed 11 October 2013

A charming, small hotel in an area of the Sacred Valley that seems to have few hotels of similar quality. It is secluded and quiet, and the staff is very helpful and attentive. The food was also quite good. A good place to stay either on your way to, or after leaving, Machu Picchu.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Last September I and my wife stayed for 6 night, low quality of food and problem with payment with MasterCard and AMEX, however they informed us before which they accept all kind of credit card. Villa doesn’t even accept Mastercard, Maestro and AMEX even not any Euro’s.
By the way, we have got lot of problem to pay the hotel of our last day. The Villa is just middle of nowhere to get and cash from the bank, needed to take taxi to go for a bank to Urubamba.

My wife has called the Villa before we departed, which she would prefer to get some vegetarian food, because of her diet and then Villa has approved it.
BUT they haven’t inform the kitchen staff even. management issue!!!

In Urubamba, are some more beter place with beter management qualities…

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PedZam
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was with a tour group, so can't take credit for finding this gem of a place. The entrance is shabby but after getting out of the vehicle, a tranquil , lush, garden compound emerged from the dry, dusty, Peruvian environs. Once there, it is easy to forget the traffic and difficulty of travel in Peru. Our group breathed a collective sigh of relief. My only complaint was that due to a national strike called the next day, we had to leave after only one night.
But, the rooms were ample, clean, artistically decorated. The architecture was interesting neo-Inka.
The landscaping was stunning, replete with hummingbirds and water features being developed. The place is obviously new and being developed by someone with taste and money. I don't know what it costs, but expect the rates will rise after it is discovered. For now the service seemed limited but adequate, and English is not their forte.

Room Tip: Wi-fi was weak in the rooms but outside in the covered walkway was a more pleasant place for enjoyi...