“A must stay!”

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Urubamba
Los Angeles
“A must stay!”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

If you're visiting Sacred Valley, Villa Urubamba Lodge is the place to stay. After trekking the mountains of Peru for 7 days, I split from my group for some R & R in Sacred Valley. It was AMAZING in every way. To start, words cannot describe Karla's first rate service. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, she did everything she possibly could to make me feel at home. I happened to be the only guest in the lodge for most of my stay (lucked out in between two big groups), so I also had the undivided attention of Rocio & Juan, the general managers. On at least two occasions, we stayed up late talking and bonding. They are a wonderful couple full of insight and hearts of gold. On the my last night, we celebrated w/a bonfire and I introduced them to s'mores. I formed friendships and gained life lessons there. A true spiritual sanctuary. I have every intention of keeping in touch with them for a life time. You will love each minute of your stay!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Leamington Spa
Reviewed 4 September 2009

We stayed at Villa Urubamba during our honeymoon in August 2009.
It was one of the best places we stayed during our time in Peru. The service from Karla was first class, and we were both made to feel so welcome.

The location is a little gem, hidden away from the beaten track. The garden is beautiful, with a waterfall, a hummingbird even paid us a visit! It's even better in real life than the photos!

We ordered a honeymoon room for our first night, for US$50 extra, which offered flowers, "champagne" (actually very sweet fizz) and a box of chocolates. I only realised when I got home that breakfast in bed was apparently on offer, we went to the dining room for ours. We actually got the same room on our standard night without the extras.

Having read the previous reviews, I was a little disappointed with the breakfast and the speed of food preparation was slow.
Also the card machine had several problems with my CHIP and PIN - eventually it went through, but it may be wise to bring enough cash to pay. That's the only reason I score it 4/5, as the service undeniably deserves 5 stars.

But it does not matter - you will be too relaxed in this place to care! This is the sort of place that you come to to forget about the time and the pressures in everyday life where time rules.

Karla was very good, nothing was a problem. I should also mention the horse trekking trip that Karla and her colleague organised for us at short notice. It was the first time either of us had gone horse trekking, but it was a great way to experience the incredible salt mines at Salineras. We even got invited to breakfast, met the family and it felt like a day out with some locals - a really unique experience and one I'd recommend.

I would recommend Villa Urubamba to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itchyfooty
Stockholm
Reviewed 13 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at Villa Urubamba for two nights in April 2009. I must say that this was our best accomodation during our three week tour in Peru. Our room was big, had a comfortable bed and was very clean. Besides, the breakfast was fabulous. The little resort has a lovely garden and the mangers, Juan and Rosio, are so nice and friendly. When leaving the hotel, they took us by car to they train station in Ollantaytambo, they helped us boarding the train to Aguas Calientes and they stayed at the station until the train left. It's a pity that Villa Urubamba is so far away from Stockholm. We really would like to go back soon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Going to or from Inca Trail, this is the place to rest and energize. Delicious food, sweet and friendly staff, activities such as horseback riding or rafting, a wonderful and artfully tended garden, peaceful spaces, hummingbirds, wonderful rooms... this is how it should be!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Lima
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I must say that this small Lodge by far exceeded my expectations, I really didn’t know what I was going to find, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the place, as it is situated amid beautiful mountains, the rooms were large and the beds very comfortable.
I travel a lot and I have been in many countries and hotels, but the warmth of the people in Villa Urubamba Lodge, starting from the gardener up to the managers of the hotel Juan & Rocio, is something that I never found any were else.
During my stay of two weeks I had the opportunity to meet other guests, and all of them to my surprise were “seekers”, all were, as I am, seeking the truth and the meaning of life. I wonder, is this a place where we are drawn for a purpose?........

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Lofoten
Reviewed 28 April 2009

When my daughter, her six friends and I (all from Norway) arrived Villa Urubamba, we had no exspectations what so ever. It was dark, we were tired after the trip from Lima / Cosco and I suffered from severe altitude sickness, and felt terrible! We really came to the right place. Rocio and Juan were so caring! We were met with the warmest hospitality, beautiful rooms and a wonderful meal. We woke up the next day to realize that we had come to paradise. So quiet - except from ripping wather and singing birds. The garden with all the beatiful flowers, the humming birds, the lodgings and the mountains souronding it was amazing. I just loved the place! I even got to see the largest hummingbird - twice!
Even though I was taken so good care of, I realized that I could not carry through my plans which was to take the Inka Trail to Machu Picchu with my daughter and her friends. At first I got disepointed but I realized that this gave me the opportunity to stay in Villa Urubamba for another three days. Rocio and Juan made whatever they could to make my stay a memorable one. We had so many inspiring conversations! I recommend this place of all my heart.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
denver,co
Reviewed 27 April 2009

this is one of the most beautiful hotels setting in urubamba,makes you feel you are back 500 years,very clean and the service is 1 st class,specially from the managers juan and rocio.
highly recomended