My family and I were planning our first trip to Peru and our target was, as most other folks', Machu Picchu. We were thinking of starting our trip in Cusco, as the standard seems to be, but the concierge at Aranwa in Sacred Valley correctly pointed out that Cusco is at a higher altitude, so we were risking high altitude sickness. This point made perfect sense to us, and this is how our path led straight to Aranwa in Sacred Valley and hen to Aranwa in Cusco. Later on we encountered several tourists who told us that they had been quite uncomfortable in Cusco during the first couple of days because of the altitude and their good physical shape didn't help. The problem is, most tourists don't have a couple of days to acclimatize, so starting off a lower altitude is key. We all felt only very mild symptoms when hiking too fast and htey went away as soon as we caught our breath.
The Aranwa resort is truly special, a wonderful mix of old and new, with perfectly manicured grounds, which is full of pets and surrounded by natural wonders. It has everything one can imagine and actually so much more. Despite our extensive research, Aranwa still managed to be a big pleasant surprise for all of us.
My wife and daughter told me that the spa was the best they have encountered, and they have encountered quite a few around the world. The gym was great as well, not a small feat in South America.
The room was very spacious, well decorated and we had our "private" garden.
The restaurants were much better than I had expected to find in Peru and the service was consistently excellent. Service was above and beyond in all areas, from the concierge to various staff.
I was concerned that the hotel was too remote for various trips we intended to take in the gorgeous Urubamba Valley. There was no problem, as the hotel offers both their own cars for hire or taxis.
Did we encounter any problem? Oh, well, at one point we had to leave...We hope on day to come back to this wonderful place and meet again those wonderful people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru - Urubamba