My wife, our daughter and I stayed for 3 days at the Aranwa Hotel, just outside Urubamba. The drive into the resort is somewhat worrisome because it is down a dirt road through corn fields. Once there however we couldn't have been more impressed. The rooms are superbly furnished and roomy. The restaurant, pool and staff are terrific. Ask for Charles Tito to help you out with activities nearby, such as Maras, the salt mines of Salinas, and a Sunday visit to Chinchera. The dyeing and weaving demonstration was unique and fascinating.
Minor negatives: the wine list is a little scant and overpriced. The hot tub broke one day.
Overall a super resort and a nice stopover on the way to MP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru - Urubamba