“April trip to Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu”

Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Urubamba
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife, our daughter and I stayed for 3 days at the Aranwa Hotel, just outside Urubamba. The drive into the resort is somewhat worrisome because it is down a dirt road through corn fields. Once there however we couldn't have been more impressed. The rooms are superbly furnished and roomy. The restaurant, pool and staff are terrific. Ask for Charles Tito to help you out with activities nearby, such as Maras, the salt mines of Salinas, and a Sunday visit to Chinchera. The dyeing and weaving demonstration was unique and fascinating.
Minor negatives: the wine list is a little scant and overpriced. The hot tub broke one day.
Overall a super resort and a nice stopover on the way to MP.
Kevin McK

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
CESAR O, Gerente at Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your comment about your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to serve you and look forward to welcoming you again to you, your family and friends once again in Peru!

There are newer reviews for Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This resort is easily one of the most beautiful places either my husband or I have ever stayed. We were very impressed with the layout and size of the resort and the attentiveness of the staff. By the second morning, the waitstaff knew my husband's name and my name. They were all so sweet to us and so humble. Breakfast was delicious; we had only amazing meals at Aranwa.
The room was spacious and immaculate and the bathtub was perfectly sized for two. The front desk staff was helpful and very patient with us-- I locked myself out of our safe three times in two days! My only negative would be the price the hotel quoted for day trips within the Sacred Valley. We ended up hiring a private cab to take us around and wait for us and it was still half the price quoted. That said, I also understand that there is a price people must pay for insured safety when travelling.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

All I can say are wonderful things. What a kind and gracious staff! I had a groupon that had expired. They honored it completely - even after I had to change my reservations due to the rains. Then they made arrangements for us to visit Machu Picchu and a few other wonderful spots. The hotel itself was beautiful. There are alpacas and peacocks on site that will greet you! Not to mention the food and drinks were wonderful. A lot of local fruits, veggies, and meats - the llama is a must try! Go and enjoy!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The hotel is beautiful, spacious, comfortable, but not quality of service my husband and I were limited to consulting on all services and we could do and where we could,the manager was recently requested the information, we had to consult employees, people are good but not dominate the service compared to the Rio Sagrado Hotel.
The food was excellent, the drinks varied, the lord of management did not appear when we call, we wanted to give constructive criticism, I thought it was bad tempered, although it was early more or less 10:15 and 11:00 in the morning.
 where we were waiting, after that everything was fine, not to detract from the hotel's infrastructure. I hope to improve in quality and service

Room Tip: Having quality service
6  Thank nicole z

Dear Guest, Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We regret not having met your expectations on this occasion.

We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it gives us to identify our weaknesses to improve our service.

We look forward to give you a warm welcome in your next visit to Peru.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Driving down a lonely dirt road late at night in a remote area after a great day at Machu Picchu we wondered what our accommodation was going to be like.
We came across two large magnificent wooden gates blocking the road and what lay behind exceeded all our expectations.It was a bit of paradise in a very remote area.
The grounds are simply beautiful and the rooms excellent - staff were so helpful we wished we could have stayed longer than one night. Breakfast was excellent also.
The garden lanterns around the paths and ponds gave it a very welcoming atmosphere on our night time arrival.
We did not get a chance to try the spa.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days while visiting the Sacred Valley, and everything about it was wonderful. From the warm greeting upon arrival, to the rooms, the grounds and the food. The service all the way around was excellent and everyone we encountered was friendly. One day at lunch my husband ordered the club sandwich, generally a pretty ordinary sandwich but this was amazing. How they made such a simple sandwich so good is beyond me but I consider myself lucky that my husband agreed to share it with me so I was able to experience it as well. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. We hope to return again someday.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shayob
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I probably can't say enough good things about this hotel--the rooms were spic and span clean, great bathroom, plenty of space, comfortable furniture. The bar and restaurant were also excellent. The food, no matter what one ordered, was outstanding, and they had a great wine list. The wait staff was kind and pleasant and worked very hard to please. After a long day in the valley, this was a great place stay, sleep and eat. My only complaint would be that it is completely isolated in the country at the end of dirt road, which for some might be a plus. There was no noise at night, the breakfast buffet was delightful, and bags were handled in a totally professional way. I hear that the spa was outstanding, so if you want a place to rest, eat, and sleep while visiting the Urubamba area, this is a perfect oasis for you, your family, or your group.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Spanishmedievalist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urubamba
Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
#2 of 28 in Urubamba
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux
Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel
Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay

Been to Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness? Share your experiences!