Our week in Peru was awesome. The Peruanos are wonderful people. We spent three nights at this resort. It is off the normal route, of the way, quiet, and was a beautiful hacienda converted into a first class resort. The hotel was easy to get to, despite its remoteness... about 10 minutes from Urubamba by taxi, in the country. You can get a Taxi from Cusco or Ollaytatambo for about 80 (at the MOST!) soles, approx. $30 USD including tip. Everyone we met and employees at the hotel went out of their way. The food is excellent but a bit overpriced. Watch out on the bill (the billing is deceptive). Pay with cash, not a credit card. There is a "tax" which is actually a service charge of 10%. You will not see this explained anywhere. I asked if this was a government tax and they tried to evade the question, but, when they finally answered, told me it was used to pay the employees and not a government mandated tax. I had already been tipping 20%, unaware of this charge. They finally took it off after I refused to pay it. This would not stop me from going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riverside lands of an 18-century colonial hacienda have been restored into an exclusive 115-room hotel, comprising rural elegance within the hacienda and minimalist design in the modern deluxe rooms. Replete with three restaurants including a vegetarian cove, a 2500 sq meter spa & wellness centre with three hydrotherapy pools, meeting and conferences facilities, art gallery, on-site museum, orchid pyramid and movie room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel And Wellness
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Urubamba
- Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness Peru - Urubamba