Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
IFK Lodge(Calca)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,664 results
All reviewsmovie theaterkoi pondsacred valleymachu picchujacuzzi tubdirt roadbeautiful chapelrooms are hugean oasistwo nightsoff the beaten pathspa servicessurrounded by mountainsstayed longeraltitude sicknessbeautiful placetour group
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay here during our honeymoon last September. Imagine Latin America chose the hotel for us and they did a fine job. It was just amazing. We had been out on a guided tour with another couple during the day and when he was due to drop us off at our hotel the guide just could not stop effusing about it. When we got through the big gates, I could see why! We had the most fantastic room (I think we'd been upgraded) which had been duly decorated to acknowledge our honeymoon. The bathroom had a huge spa bath and wet room-style shower and there were his 'n' hers basins. The gardens, the pool, the fish pond, the church, the library, the cinema . . . it was all fabulous.

We didn't have time to enjoy any of the spa treatments but the restaurant and bar were great. Food was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfast - choice and quality - was exceptional and the staff remembered your name after the first morning. Being there made you feel special.

It was such a treat to stay there and the only negative was having to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon2906
Oscar S, Gerente at Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Dear Guest:

We are honored with your comments and especially happy to know that we could meet your expectations. This is the main goal of a service company.
On behalf of all our employees, we want to thank you for the time you took to write your experience with us. Thank you very much for the opportunity you gave us to serve you.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This tranquil gem is a welcome relief from the farming villages in the Sacred Valley. Totally world-class with beautiful surroundings, alpacas roaming the grounds, various interesting and previously unknown spa offerings make this a one-of-a-kind resort. When we visited, it was quiet and there were very few guests. We felt the food for breakfast was quite varied and tasty. The service from Gualberto in the breakfast area was excellent and he always remembered our names and had a big smile to greet us. I did not have a chance to try the restaurant for other meals. The rooms are spacious and up-to-date facing a mini-park with animals and forest. There was a slight problem with mold in the bathroom that should be easy to remedy. There is a chapel on the property which is interesting as well. The "orchid" display, unfortunately, didn't have any flowers, but this might be seasonal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent will surely come back. My family had a beautiful stay, the food was superb & my kids loved the complimentary popcorn. The sacred valley at urubamba and Aranwa has touched my heart I love Peru

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank seema b

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My family and I had the chance to stay at the Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel for three days. The four of us all had a similar reaction to our stay.

While the property and setting is absolutely gorgeous, the level of food and service was quite poor. There seemed to be a general lack of organization. The food service was awful. Over half of the serving trays were empty each morning at breakfast regardless of what time we ate. My meals were average at best in the dinner restaurant but my father's trout dish was so salty, it could not be eaten. He sent it back immediately and we expected it to be taken off the bill, but they still charged us for it. At another meal in the bar, they completely forget my brother's entree after we reminded them of it several times. The timing of the meal delivery was terrible. For example, my entree was brought by itself while my family waited 10-15 minutes for their entrees. I ended up being the only person eating as my meal was getting cold. The lack of proper meal timing happened over and over. When I have a nice meal, I expect to eat at the same time as my companions, not each of us at different staggered times.

The housekeeping/cleaning of the rooms was substandard as well. Toiletries were not restocked and the general cleaning seemed hurried.

I would like to offer praise to Gualberto in the breakfast restaurant. Each day he greeted us by name with a big smile on his face. He was so attentive to our needs as well as the other patrons...he was literally running to ensure everyone had what they needed. I greatly appreciated his kindness and work ethic.

In summary, we thought the hotel itself was one of the most beautiful we have seen. If only the level of service could have matched the stunning environment.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank verucas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was easily the best hotel during our stay in Peru. The hotel is a little out of the way about 5 minutes off the main road to Urubamba so it is a little isolated. But what a treat! From the moment we arrived through the gate it was a little like entering Jurassic Park. The paradise inside was a striking contrast to the rural area outside of the walls. The grounds are immaculate and the facilities very nice. While the property seems immense when you are first taken to your room via golf cart around the outside perimeter, it is definitely a little more intimate when you are walking on the inside. I loved the image of the mountains in the background, so close it feels like you can touch them, the pods with all the koi in them and the free roaming alpaca on the grounds. There was a church, an art gallery, an orchid garden and a small museum of sorts. Plenty of space to wander around in.

The service exceeded expectations also. From the friend wait staff at the restaurants and the breakfast buffet to the friend front desk staff who were even able to find us a private car to take us on a day trip to Pisac to the housekeeping staff who were there to try and answer your every need. I was thoroughly impressed with the level of service we received. They even had their own little theatre where they had a free movie every night, complete with popcorn.

The rooms are beautiful and BIG! After being in a much smaller room in Lima, we were pleasantly surprised by the amount of space we had. The bathroom was huge and had a jacuzzi bathtub which was so big it took quite a while for it to fill. The beds were comfortable and the temperature of the room was just right.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience here and would definitely stay here again if we have a chance to return to the sacred valley.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends