See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2015

I stayed here on a retreat for 12 days and it was the perfect place. The staff were welcoming and attentive to my needs. I felt very safe at Arco Iris. They take great pride in their establishment and making sure all guests are taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2015

My partner and I were desperately seeking some peace and quiet, and finally found it at Arco Iris del Puente. Located about 10 minutes driving outside of Urubamba, this place is literally right next to the river, and amazingly peaceful. Giant blue hummingbirds visit you for breakfast, and flocks of sheep traverse the hills across the river. Walk across the bridge and you are a 30 minute hike from the fantastic Maras Salt Mines.

Our bed was literally the biggest bed I've ever slept in, and was fantastically comfortable. Showers were hot too!

On the down side, It's a bit hard to find, and a bit pricey ($25 per night, per person.) You're also a bit out of town, so food can be complicated... They say they offer food, but don't believe it... We ended up cooking our own dinners, which was an awkward situation... They don't offer food, but also don't want you to use the kitchen? Strange...

The nature made it all worthwhile, however... Just be prepared to do your own thing.

Room Tip: Ask for the big bed!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon Y
Reviewed 16 May 2015

Nice place with great hosts.
Location nearby bus stop and Salineras de Maras.
We had comfortable room, tasty breakfast, cute place to rest in nature.
Отличное тихое и уютное место, чтобы отдохнуть душой. Вкусная еда, доброжелательная хозяйка, спокойная природа.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Mariela's and her beautiful family make the best hosts after a long hike thru the Maras salt mines. The BBQ lunch was one of the best meals I had during our 2 weeks in Peru. A beautiful spot, relaxing hammocks, cold drinks, view of the river and super friendly hosts. We didn't stay the night, but the lodge appeared charming. Highly recommend this beautiful spot. Turn right at bottom of trail, left over the bridge and immediately on the right.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2014

We traveled as a group of 12 from the U.S. Arriving at the big locked gate, I didn't know what to expect. Once thru the gate,it opened up into a lovely courtyard and beautiful grounds. However, it was the room accommodations that blew me away. They're set up as bungalow type dwellings with wide stone porches, french doors that lead into beautifully decorated rooms with fireplaces, big comfy beds and huge bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs and a separate shower stall. The photos of the place,especially the rooms and the grounds do not reflect how incredible the place is. The restaurant on the grounds was also quite good and the wait staff was patient, kind and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends