“What an oasis!!”
Review of Willka T'ika

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Urubamba
Willka T'ika
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Urubamba
New York City, New York
“What an oasis!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at Willka T'ika in May of 2009. We absolutely adored the place. The gardens are magnificent and we would spend much of our time soaking up the beauty. We were lucky enough to be there while Carol was there and to be able to have her walk us through the gardens providing us with many teachings on the various chakras, the peruvian culture, the horticulture and the history of the place which I found quite fascinating. The food was incredible and the staff was extremely accommodating, lovely and helpful. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NomadicVegans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My stay @ Willka Tika last year was beyond my expectations for hospitality, food, lodging, staff, landscaped grounds, and visits to the Sacred sites. The stay changed my Life in many, many ways. I would and have highly recommended a visit to Willka Tika to Family & Friends. I am planning another trip in the near future, and will be taking a group of students with me. A trip of unforgettable experience! Sincerely, Donna Lambdin, Reiki Master Teacher & Practitioner

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Donna L
Clackamas
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Highly recommend. I wouldn't change a thing. Amazingly beautiful, peaceful, incredible food,
friendly and helpful staff. Would have loved to stay there much longer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank barbclackamas
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Willka Tika is an extraordinary, one-of-a-kind place located in the heart of Peru, in the Sacred Valley. Carol Cumes has created one of the most magical gardens and retreat centers on planet Earth! I plan on returning to Willka Tika again with another one of our groups in the near future. I highly encourage anyone looking for amazing beauty, fabulous lodging and food to be sure to go there. Make a special visit to sit with the 1000 year old Lucuma tree who is the sacred guardian in the gardens standing regally in the shadow of the Apus, the sacred mountains. Thank you, Carol, and the all of the spirits of this sacred land!
Linda Star Wolf, Founder of Shamanic Breathwork and Director of Venus Rising Association for Transformation

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank StarW0lf
Windham, Maine
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at Willka T'ika this past August/Septmeber. The gardens and grounds are even more exquisite than the photographs. That alone is worth the experience. It is an oasis of beauty, peace, tranquility, and healing. While we visited the Sacred Valley, we did go horse back riding at a neighboring hotel: Sol y Luna but the grounds, rooms and the experience did not begin to compare with Willka Ti'ka. The rooms at Willka Ti'ka were amazing and we were pampered with hot water bottles in our beds each night.
I am vegetarian and my husband definitely is NOT. He brought a stash of turkey jerkey for our stay just in case. The meals were fantastic. He also raved about the food and did not dip into his stash of jerkey the 2 nights we stayed there. We definitely wanted to spend more time at Willka T'ika and this seemed to be the theme of others we met there. We continued to bump into other couples later in Cusco and Aguas Calientes that we had met earlier at Willka Ti'ka. We all shared similar thoughts surrounding how we wished to return to Willka Ti'ka for some extra time during our stay in Peru. The tour agencies try hard to steer you toward Sol y Luna and other hotels in and near the Sacred Valley. It would be a real loss to stay anywhere else in the Sacred Valley...if you are looking to capture the essence of "Pacha Mama" (Mother Earth) and experience the beauty of Peru and its culture.
The proprietor's story is truly amazing. I can't say enough wonderful things about her! Carol and Mark have the only facility in the Sacred Valley (including all 5 star hotels) who actually installed a septic system so the Sacred River is not polluted. Carol also donates and does tremendous works with the children in the community. She is very well respected and beloved in the community....and with good reason. We packed school supplies and other things for the children and left them for her to give to them. She could not have been more appreciative. Willka Ti'ka is a must stay! I never thought I would return to Peru but I am certain I will and my primary stop will be Willka Ti'ka!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda C
Vista, California
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Wow! For years, my husband and I have felt a longing to visit the Sacred Valley and Macchu Picchu. We finally manifested our desires, and oh, how very grateful we feel to have discovered this most precious and beautiful of places! We participated in the 10 day Magical Journey experience with Carol and Mark as our guides, and then extended our stay at Willka Tika another week. We LOVE it here! The beauty of the extensive flowering and fragrant gardens is indescribable. We spend a day of silence in the gardens and it was quite moving and inspiring. I recommend that you bring your ipod and headphones to fully expand your experience in the chakra gardens. After 3 weeks of meditating, relaxing, yoga, visiting sacred sites, reading, writing, eating exquisite meals, experiencing sacred ceremonies, treating ourselves to the beautiful local weavings and pottery, and being fully pampered by the lovely staff here, we took a day to do the local "zip-line" down a mountain nearby (Natura Vive, the Via Ferrata & Zip-line)...that was absolutely thrilling and worth an extra day for the brave at heart.
There is simply no other place on earth like this haven of Willka Tika. The magic present here is palpable. We felt like personal guests of Carol Cumes & Mark Hennessey and they are both SO gracious. There is a local store onsite where you can feel really good about buying the handmade, high quality local weavings, jewelry and crafts, because all of the profits benefit the highland, isolated mountain schools that Carol's non-profit supports. All in all, this is a 5-star experience with the added presence of very conscious owners and highly dedicated staff, with a deep commitment to the preservation of indigenous knowledge and our precious Mother Earth. THIS is THE place to experience in Peru...worth every penny (or sole)!

Room Tip: So far as I can tell, every room is beautifully appointed and decorated with amazing art and flowers...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Belle H
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This being my second visit to Peru, I was interested to see how I would respond the the splendor of Peru other than just feeling overwhelmed. I was, however, unprepared for the splendor of Willka T'ika and, yet again, overwhelmed by the manifestation of Carol Cumes dream of a mountain retreat. Willka T'ika is a fecund infusion for one's senses, appetite and sense of adventure. At Willka T'ika one can tune into the sound of Earth minus the din of civilization. One awakens to clouds lounging around the mountain tops, the sunlight glowing on the mountain sides, birds 'n bees fliltting among a profusion of floral varieties adorning Carol's Chakra gardens. A place of well-deserved, heart opening, soul reaching and mind expansion self-indulgence for those consigned to inhabit the too busy world of capitalism and commerce. The ambience was sensational, the service over the top and the experience ethereal. An excellent getaway for those who feel a need to truely get away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends