Upon our arrival in Cusco we were taken down into the Sacred Valley to assist with our acclimatization to the high altitude. We had two nights booked at the Sol Y Luna Lodge and Spa and this hotel served as a base for visiting Pisac and Ollantaytambo.
The grounds were magnificently maintained and our casita was very spacious, very well appointed and luxurious.
There were a couple of negatives. Our casita was located down near the Ranch which is where the roosters are kept. On both mornings we need not have worried about wake-up calls as these annoying roosters woke us up very early. So I recommend that you request that your casita be situated well away from the roosters.
Breakfast was interesting. I don't think the waiters were that confident in speaking English and for the most part we had to go hunting to find one when we needed something. I noticed other guests experiencing the same issue. They seemed like they wanted to avoid guests as much as possible and hid in the kitchen for lengthy periods of time. But that was a minor point and certainly would not suggest not booking here because of that.
We wished we could have stayed longer but Machu Picchu was waiting...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique property is an intimate 43-casitas hotel within 328,000 square feet of beautiful gardens surrounded by archaeological attractions, and many opportunities of outdoor activities.We have 15 high end luxury casitas like that one which have private terraces and plunge pools overlooking the gardens. They all have an entry porch, foyer, living room and are equipped with heating floor system and fireplace.All the decoration of the casitas is based on the art work of renowned Peruvian artists such as Jaime Leibane and the beautiful frescoed murals by acclaimed artist, Federico Bauer which makes them all really special and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol & Luna Hotel Urubamba
- Sol And Luna Lodge & Spa
- Sol Luna Urubamba
- Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux Sacred Valley, Peru - Urubamba