“AMAZING!”

Llama Pack - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 8 Tours in Urubamba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Trek through amazing inca trails throughout the Sacred Valley in company of Peru's emblem animal: the llama. Be part and get to know all about our Llama Pack Project focused in the recovery of the use of native carrier llamas in the high Andes, a tradition almost lost to modern ways of life. Get to know the breath taking landscapes that surround the communities we work with, and the amazing people that live there. Llama Pack Project aims for social development of high-Andean communities and ecosystem conservation through the use of native, eco-friendly carrier llamas. Reservations must be done a week ahead.
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Llama Pack was one of my favorite experiences from my trip to Peru. My boyfriend and I did the half day hike from Urubamba. We enjoyed a great hike and wonderful lunch halfway up the mountain. The guides were so friendly and really cared about the project and their llamas. We learned so much about the Peruvian culture and area from them. Would definitely do again if I was back in Peru!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank aabennet

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Llama Pack is FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I would highly recommend the trek with Llama Pack. It was one of the best experiences during my travels in South America. We got up at 3am in the morning and did the trek for 2-3 hours with Coqui to meet the llamas especially baby Apu in the highlands. We then had a lunch with an quechua family in their own home. I was fascinated with the quechua family Coqui introduced us to. They are very beautiful people and so pure. The views are stunning. The whole experience is simply magical and truly authentic. DO NOT MISS Llama Pack when you are in Peru!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank puregreenlady
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A trip to remember”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

One of the highlights of my time in Urubamba and the sacred valley was the opportunity to go on a llama trek with local people, for whom caring for the llamas is their daily profession, and so the knowledge they had and shared with us was one-of-a-kind. If I were only in the area for a few days, this would without a doubt be top of my list of things to do. The experience was intimate and personalised, and the breath-taking views form the top made all the hard work pale in comparison. Thanks Llama Pack!

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Claudia E
Aliso Viejo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Llama pack trip to Cancha Cancha”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We would highly recommend llama trek. It was an amazing experience. Please note we did the all day trek. This is basically a 8.5 mile hike up going from 8800 to 13000 feet. So you should be prepared. Bring everything they list, dress in layers and be prepared for an incredible journey. The trip down is much easier and faster.

We met Alejandra and Coqui at our hotel. They took us on a 25 minute drive out and then we went off road for about 700 meters. We stopped and met the llamas and llama guide Patricio and other assistants Magda etc. all wearing native clothing. Patricio is very colorful. They loaded the llamas with the gear and we began the hike up the Inca trail. Their were many
opportunities for photos. I am 54 and in so so shape. I had to stop often and they encouraged me to be leisurely and take breaks. 2.5 hours later we
arrived at the city of Cancha-Cancha. It was breathtaking. They
prepared a lovely lunch for us with sandwiches and a wonderful minty tea.
There was fruit and cookies etc. it was just right. We relaxed and then we were invited into Patricio 's home with his sweet wife Lucia.

The hospitality was wonderful and we felt very welcomed. The home is a thatched hut complete with their own "herd" of guinie pigs eating happily next to us. They live simply and Lucia proudly showed us some of her beautiful weavings which we could buy. There was no pressure but we did purchase a scarf and wallet that were beautifully made.

Refreshed and ready we headed down the mountain. All along we saw more alpaca, lama, sheep and dogs. At one point a distressed lamb came hurrying up to us as it was lost and could not find its mother. Alejandra found some
shepherds up a little ways and they retrieved the three day old lamb.

The whole day was surreal. This truly was something out of the ordinary.
You learn much about the culture, the people and the process to reintegrate the lama into the workforce.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Jim S
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Llama Packing is AMAZING!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

When freinds ask me what do you remember most from Peru, I tell go on telling them about my amazing experience trekking with llamas in the sacred valley. It is simply magic. A must to consider!

Visited September 2013