Kuychi Rumi
US$81
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate housesacred valleymachu picchuel huacatayperfect place to stayrestaurant recommendationsbeautiful gardeninca trailthe entire staffcouple of nightshorseback ridingrodrigotransportationcuscotaxiflowersgrounds
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family and I (two children ages 10 and 12) stayed at Kuychi Rumi during our Spring Break. We had a spacious two-bedroom house to ourselves with a full kitchen and patio. The gardens around the grounds are beautiful. We had great conversations with the owner who is eager to share his knowledge of the area. The staff was attentive and willing to try to help in any way. My kids loved the four big, friendly dogs at the hotel and still miss them.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Fantastic! I just returned to Afghanistan from spending a week of my R&R in Peru. All but one of my days were spent lodging at Kuychi Rumi and I cannot wait to return! The adobe houses were beautiful, well kept and the grounds were well manicured with flowers and gardens all over. Claudia did a fantastic job with breakfast each morning, catering to our late wake ups and Rodrigo assisted with all our travel needs to include transportation to local restaurants, stores and anywhere we needed to go. He also coordinated our trip to Maccu Piccu to include our train tickets. I highly recommend staying here for anyone planning to visit Maccu Piccu or anyone who wants to have some peace & quiet while having all their needs attended to by the staff of Kuychi Rumi, thanks again! -Mike L. -

Room Tip: All of the houses on site were equally beautiful. Don't forget to ask for a BBQ, by hosted by the staff for your last night or any night!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gus L
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I (early 30s) and my parents (early 60s) stayed at Kuychi Rumi for 3 nights during our 8 day stay in Peru. I initially had made reservations for 2 nights but then with the heavy rains and some train scheduling changes we unexpectedly stayed a 3rd night. Claudia was amazing and beyond helpful with everything, as was Rodrigo. They helped arrange drivers for our day trips as well as give us recommendations for restaurants and excursions. The lodges are perfect!! We stayed in lodge 2 and lodge 6, both were very homey and welcoming as well as having lovely outside areas with chairs and a table to sit and relax and enjoy the beautiful gardens and the sound of the nearby stream. We had a fire in the fireplace each night and even took advantage of their Monopoly board. We loved having a fridge and a kitchen! They made our stay so smooth and easy. I can't recommend Kuychi Rumi enough. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone without hesitation!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pink1723
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Outstanding! We stayed as a family with a 4 and 2 year old in Casa 5. The accommodation is superb, plenty of space, great WiFi, evening fires, well stocked kitchen, beautiful gardens and perfect places for kids to play. The staff couldn't have been more helpful from organising transportation, giving advise on the valley, taxi-ing our excess luggage back to Cusco... recording the US Open tennis final ready for (outstanding) breakfast buffet the next day. Rodrigo an absolute star (as are Julio, Ursula, Claudia...), who helped us out with excellent advice, anything we thought of and quite a lot we hadn't! It's not cheap, but compared to a family in 2 hotel rooms, eating out every night, it's great value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DFergusson
Reviewed 10 January 2013

A beautiful oasis in Urubamba. The staff took great care of our family of eight. Restuarant rservations,arranging daily transportation to the many sites they recommended, Julio's fire in the fireplace nightly made our stay very comfortable and easy. Great family atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family