Kuychi Rumi is amazing!
It is wonderful to have an Andean cottage instead of a room. Our teen-age son loved his separate bedroom and bathroom. As a matter of fact, he said this was his favorite spot for our 18 day trip to Peru.
Claudia is wonderful. We got the starter kit and enjoyed the fresh bread brought to our cottage each morning. I celebrated my birthday here and Claudia baked me a birthday lemon pie. It was delicious and such a wonderful surprise! The only thing that could compete was her wonderful hug. She is so special.
Rodrigo helped plan our trip, arranged all trains, arranged tours in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Colca Canyon. Rodrigo, the guides you arranged were excellent! Thank you so much! Also, thank you to David, he was a terrific guide who stayed with us through the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco. And our driver, Synovio, he was very special also. An excellent driver who was also very warm and special. It was wonderful to have the same driver over several days.
We all three loved having the fireplace lit for fires in the evening. Wonderful.
We left our larger bags at Kuychi Rumi to go to the Machu PIcchu citadel. It was nice to have lighter belongings to carry. We spent one night at the Sanctuary Lodge.
Thank you to Ursula. When our bags did not appear from the Sanctuary Lodge for our return trip to the Sacred Valley (Kuychi Rumi), and we couldn't reach anyone at the Sanctuary Lodge, I called Ursula at Kuychi Rumi. Amazingly, someone appeared from the Sanctuary Lodge to take us to our bags. Ursula took care of our problem, like magic.
One night we ordered carry-out pizza. The pizza didn't arrive and the restaurant said there was a problem getting a taxi for delivery. Ursula sent one of Kuychi Rumi's drivers to pick up our pizza for us.
The gardens are beautiful. The property is very safe and secure. Our family had privacy, yet there was someone always there to take care of our problems.
We highly recommend Kuychi Rumi and we hope that we can return to this perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the best hidden gem in South America by Tripadvisor readers in 2006, the six uniquely designed cottages of this original hotel are nestled in the Andes Mountains among lush and colorful gardens that attract many varieties of hummingbirds. The comfortable, cozy Andean casitas come fully equipped including fireplaces and wi-fi. Here you can be sure to receive the best personal attention for your special needs and travel arrangements for all of Peru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuychi Rumi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuychi Rumi Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Hotel Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Sacred Valley, Peru - Urubamba