We stayed here for a night in October 2013, with our 11 year old son. This is without doubt a luxury hotel, and one of the nicest places we stayed in during our time in Peru. The room was spacious and clean, with a nice bathroom and shower. The heating was good, which is necessary as it can be cold at night.
The rooms are in blocks, separate from the main hotel. That can mean a wet walk to the dining room, though they provide plenty of umbrellas. The main hotel is modern and looks classy. There are two PCs for guest use in the business centre, and Wi-Fi in the main hotel only (i.e. not in the rooms).
The complementary breakfast is fantastic, and the evening meal was one of the best I had in Peru; though not cheap by Peruvian standards.
We got a discounted rate of £85 per night for the triple room, which makes it very reasonable for an upmarket hotel such as this, probably because of it's remote rural location. This is one of the few downsides to this hotel. Unless you want to take a taxi into Urubamba or Ollantaytambo, you are pretty much stuck in the hotel. Though there are worse places to be stuck!
I think this hotel caters more for tour parties, where the transport and trips are included, so the location isn't an issue.
The other minor gripe, is that we were looking forward to using the spa. However, we arrived back too late from Macho Picchu to use it, and left before it opened the next day at 2pm. Also, the planetarium show was cancelled due to bad weather, so we weren't able to make use of any facilities that attracted us there in the first place.
In summary, beautiful hotel and grounds, great meals and food, as long as you don't mind being in the middle of nowhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sacred Valley's most complete hotel: a mountain chalet-styled retreat with panoramic Andes views from every room and every angle. On more than 8 landscaped acres, it breathes an air of tranquility and relaxation. Unique among Sacred Valley hotels - most of which remain isolated in the valley, offering precious little for guests to do - it contains an extraordinary, full-service "Sacred-Spa", a domed Planetarium-&-Observatory for stargazing in the massive Southern-Hemisphere sky, and gourmet restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Private Collection Valle Sagrado Hotel Urubamba
- Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas Sacred Valley, Peru - Urubamba