The Tambo Del Inka is a brand new (2010) resort property that is a part of the Starwood group/Luxury Collection. It is designed and outfitted at the very highest level. The style is refined and respectful of it's surroundings. The spa is outstanding. The restaurant is well executed and has excellent sensibilities. Their incorporation of local ingredients and home grown products is especially nice. The train to Machu Picchu literally departs from their compound.
Though outstanding in nearly every way, to be helpful I will highlight a few areas of improvement:
1) bathroom products don't live up to amazing bathroom design. G&S screams Hilton garden Inn;
2) Amazing and beautifully designed spa. However, the pool actually seems small and the jacuzzi is only accessible thru the LADIES locker room(!);
3) A library would be a welcome addition to the property and could be filled with books on Peru and history;
4). Hotel doesn't sell a single souvenir. (or stamps or postcards) While sort of refreshing, it was sad I couldn't take home a Tambo Del Inka coffee mug to brag at the office about this amazing resort!
Suggestions for future guests:
Request a third floor room with a mountain view..best by far. Sunday market in Urubamba is terrific and unspoiled. Eat at both good restaurants nearby. Taxi from Cusco takes 90 mins, plan accordingly. 90 Soles is the non inflated price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka is a part of Starwoods Hotel and Resort. Guests staying here may be eligible to use their Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) points according to what is stated on their webpage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Sacred Valley, Peru - Urubamba