What a great place to stay. There is no equal in this area, or probably in the country.
Our stay started when a staff member met us at the train station a short walk to the hotel lobby. the train station is actually on the property. The decorating was beautiful. Even my wife was impressed :)
Our rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. Many US current outlets to charge phones and devices without adapters. Tap water was purified for washing and brushing teeth. They give you all the bottled water that you need for drinking.
Food was out of this world, in the main restaurant and the bar.
Staff was friendly.
We stayed 4 nights. Was going to do 3 nights, but Starwood had a 4th night free promotion, so we took advantage of it. We also stayed 3 nights at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes before the Tambo del Inka (also recommended).
My only gripe (and trust me it didn't take away from the experience), was the pool water was kept rather cold. I read something explaining that it's therapeutic to keep it at that temp. Maybe so, but give the people what they want. Read the past reviews. Everyone says the same thing. Especially since you don't have a hot tub men can use (only in ladies room or spa), why not raise the pool temp.
Anyway, I would stay here again in a second. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado is a hotel in Sacred Valley, Peru that invites visitors to experience a warm and welcoming atmosphere, along with adventure tourism experiences nearby including historical and cultural tours of the vestiges of the Incan Empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado Sacred Valley, Peru - Urubamba