This was an absolutely amazing hotel, can't recommend it highly enough. I travel a lot and this is one of the best hotels I have EVER stayed at.
The staff were fantastic, very welcoming and it was clear to see they had been highly trained in customer service. They all spoke perfect English too, which wasn't always easy to find on our travels in South America.
The location is great, as it is about half way between Cuzco and Machu Picchu, so a great base to explore from. We stayed for 3 nights, but there are so many Inca ruins to see in the area we could have easily stayed for 4 or 5 nights. Also the hotel is so amazing it is nice to spend some time there, enjoying the spa facilities.
The hotel was very contemporary but in perfect keeping with it's local Incan heritage and this was reflected in the colours and accessories throughout the hotel.
Everything was perfectly clean and there were two iPhone docs, big LCD TV, robes, slippers, hair dryer, lovely amenities, cute chocolates on the pillow, lots of fluffy towels, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities.
Wifi in the room was chargeable per day (free in reception), which always seems to be the case in top end hotels. But you are in the middle of nowhere, so lucky to have it at all.
The room had a massive separate bathroom with two sinks, separate shower and bath.
The bed was extremely comfortable, with lovely bedding.
The restaurant and room service was all amazing quality and served a good mix of local and western foods.
The spa offered lovely treatments at fairly standard prices, so it was great to unwind and really relax.
The concierge was very helpful and helped us make tailor made excursions with a car and driver at our disposal. There was a business centre with free internet too.
The hotel has it's own train station called Urubamba within the grounds and this is a perfect way to get to Machu Picchu, but remember you need to book your train tickets (in advance) through Peru Rail. You also need to book separate tickets to enter Machu Picchu too, which can be done online or at an office in Cuzco or Aguas Calientes (you'll need your passport to buy them).
Can't recommend this hotel enough, they have really got everything right and we are so pleased we stayed there. It can only be described as wow, wow, wow !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado is a hotel in Sacred Valley, Peru that invites visitors to experience a warm and welcoming atmosphere, along with adventure tourism experiences nearby including historical and cultural tours of the vestiges of the Incan Empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado Sacred Valley, Peru - Urubamba