“the wonderful lake Titicaca”
Review of Encuentros Andinos - CLOSED

Encuentros Andinos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This tour was amazing! I traveled with my mom to the lake Titicaca with the best tour guide we could have get. We got to Puno in a night bus and saw the sunrise at the port there. then we took a boat and he showed us the floating islands and their simplicity of lifestyle, the boat got us further on the magical blue lake with the Bolivian shiny snow mountains in the background to the island Amantani where we had a home stay in a wonderful Peruvian family. The traditional food was amazing! and we had wonderful experiences with coca leaf reading, traditional clothing and dancing event, and of course, the ruins.
In Bolivia we spend a night camping on top of the sun island. Stephano thought of EVERYTHING! He did not just bring the best camping equipment he also thought of marshmallows and everything to make a campfire. we had a wonderful time sitting on a warm fire, eating marshmallows looking over the lake and listening to the absolutely silence of this gorgeous place.
we discovered the ruins and i was amazed how much he knew about all the Inkas but also the connections to the other cultures. He really got my interest for those places and i wanted to hear more and more. I will never forget of the heart of Pachamama and will not forget the magical feeling Stephano gave me with all his knowledge.
I recommend it to everybody who wants to have an adventure and wants to learn about the life an an island. how it is now and how it was a long long time ago.
Thank you so much Stephano!!!!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We took an overnight trip to the tiny settlement of Cancha Cancha in the high Andes. The walk was tough but beautiful, and to spend the night in such a remote location was incredible. Stephano also led us to a wonderful lake at 4200m above the village. A magical experience!

1  Thank bodyworks
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Are you ready for an eco-adventure of a lifetime? Tired of all the crowded tours around the Sacred Valley in Peru. Want to experience an authentic journey into the mountains visiting fantastic places with real local indigenous folks. Wow. This absolutely incredible voyage that Stephano personally took us was just so beautiful. The pictures below just do not capture how majestic and magical the landscapes are. Also, everything was so arranged beforehand in detail that we were able to fully enjoy the hikes, the sunsets and of course getting to know the REAL PERU!

2  Thank Hladino
Reviewed 20 March 2014

What a treat it was to discover the sacred valley through the generosity of Stephano and Rebecca. We trecked to Lares. It was a beautiful downhill walk through superb landscape. They thought of everything, from snacks to ponchos. It was nice to visit a family in remote Maocao, with whom we shared a delicious soup. Stephano shared stories with us along the way while Rébécca made sure everything was ready for us as we arrived at the hot springs. They demonstrated great organizational skills. Thanks again for sharing insight and your passion with me, I will remember it always.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Peru was my first time traveling solo to a foreign country, and Becky and Stephano made it so easy and FUN! Becky is great at translating thoughts/ideas/and cultural meanings, so I felt like I got a lot more out of the places that we went since she was really able to convey everything going on. And since Stephano is a Peruvian native, I always felt like we wouldn't get lost or taken advantage of.

Peru is an absolutely breathtaking country, and I enjoyed it even more since we had Becky and Stephano's expertise to guide us. Some of my favorite spots were the Medicinal Hot Springs, the Sacred Plants Museum (be sure to try the cafe if you go there!), and the shopping in Pisac.

With Becky and Stephano, you can enjoy a quiet day in the mountains or an arduous hike through the ruins. Whatever the occasion or predilection may be, they are able-bodied and able-minded to accommodate anyone's perfect getaway. I'd go back in a heartbeat! Thanks again, amigos!

3  Thank Kaylin2014