“Great stay in the Sacred Valley”
Review of Hosteria Rumichaca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urubamba
Hosteria Rumichaca
Reviewed 8 June 2010

A friend recommended the Hosteria Rumichaca for my visit to Cusco and the Scared Valley. I contacted Jose and Irene via e-mail and quickly had arranged a reservation for my stay. Jose recommended an itinerary for my 4 days which included Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Pisac, Chinchero and Moray. Jose arranged a driver and guides for each day of my visit. Additionally, transportation to and from the airport was provided.

The Hosteria has a house in Cuzco that allowed me to take a short rest after my overnight flight and before seeing the sites of the City.

All of my guides spoke very good English and were knowledgeable of the history and local historical sites. The guides were flexible and allowed me to adjust the itinerary for the day.

The accommodations at the Hosteria Rumichaca were of top quality. The room and bed was comfortable which also included a bathroom with a shower. There was a very nice living room with a fireplace and a dining room where the meals were served. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were included in the quoted price.

The meals were quite good and included some local dishes, but were not overly exotic.

Jose and Irene were very friendly and made sure that my trip was going well. Additionally the staff was friendly and attentive.

A tip to remember this is more of a bed and breakfast than a full service hotel. It is an intimate atmosphere where you will get to know the other guests.

Overall I can highly recommend the Hosteria Rumicha. If you want to have the benefit of guides and pre-arranged transportation without having to participate in a large tour group this is the perfect option.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 March 2010

We stayed 3 nights at Rumichaca. Our room was nice with lots of warm blankets. We had breakfast and dinner there all three days. The food was wonderful. They also arranged for us to have a driver and a guide while we were there, and helped us plan our days. Their home and gardens are beautiful and peaceful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahdg
Reviewed 13 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at Hosteria Rumichaca for several days during our trip to visit Machu Pichu, and we were not disappointed. Just as the reviews indicated, Jose and Irene (and the caretakers and 5 dogs) were amazing hosts, making us feel like family and giving us all sorts of recommendations of what to do, where to go, and how to get there, and assisting us with any reservations that we could think of. Urubamba is an hour away from Cuzco, so I thought that might pose some problems with our trek beginning out of Cuzco. It did not. They kept our luggage for us during our 5 day trek for no fee, and set us up in Cuzco with Jose's brother, Ramirez, who was another wonderful host! Our limited Spanish was no problem because Jose and Irene speak wonderful English and Ramiro, who knows 4 other languages, was able to dechiper our choppy phrases and incorrect pronunciation. Our meals at both places were fabulous, both breakfast and dinners! Breakfast was included, but we paid for dinners and boxed lunches. A bit expensive for dinners, but again the service and quality was worth it. I must go back for some recipes! Irene makes the best pisco sours that we had in Peru and the cozy ambiance of the fireplace downstairs every night was quite relaxing. Great for families or couples. Beautiful scenery. Wonderful people. We will most certainly be back to Hosteria Rumicacha next time we are in Peru!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2009

We stayed in this nice bunglow lodge for two nights in the Sacred Valley. It was quiet and solitary, only the sound of leaves in the wind - heavenly. Jose and Irene had been excellent - everything was taken care of with minute details (from transportation, arrangements, food, guide); we had nice conversations with Jose on growing economy of Peru (Cusco, Sacred Valley and surroundings); those conversations are added bonus. Irine arranged special dinner for the 2 of us only - she is an excellent cook; remaning of our entire trip we had been talking about her food, decorations of the lodge and their hospitality - they felt like our close ones - they had been very passionate of this lodge and their guests. It would be in my memory for long time - we never had experienced this kind of closeness outside home.
We will definitely be back to this lodge with our extended family.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

As a professional archaeologist I have been visiting Cuzco for 32 years. This is truly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I frequently bring my students and friends here and strongly recommend Rumichaca to anyone seeking a really special experience. The location is stunningly beautiful, the rooms are wonderful, the staff and service are excellent, and the food is beyond compare. Irene and Jose have created a bit of paradise.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 4 July 2009

From the start, Irene and Jose took great care of our trip. Jose planned the itenerary for my father and I for us to visit Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. From the guide and driver picking us up at the airport and taking us to their guest house in Cusco to acclimate to the altitude with coca tea, the service of their staff there was exceptional !!!
Can not say enough great things about our guide, Rony, his knowledge and delivery was incredible. Our driver, Isaac was very safe and friendly. The location of the Hosteria is secluded and very peaceful, the disconnect from the hustle and bustle of a city was excellent; early breakfast provided by the staff to give you energy for a day of touring the ruins in the area. After your outing you are greeted by the great staff to have a nice happy hour with Jose to which you then sit down to a marvelous dinner created and prepared by CHEF IRENE; using local ingredients. ALL of CHEF IRENE´s meals were delicious and just what the body needed at the end of a great day of touring. The staff there was marvelous. The service that Irene and Jose provide is very personal and intimate, the whole experience with them was like a family trip. At the end it was sad to have to leave for we felt a great connection with them and everyone of their staff, we felt as if we were all family. The ameneties were excellent but it was the friendship that was shared that was great for us. Even their beautiful dogs welcome you like you are family!! We arrived to them through a recomendation from a friend that had enjoyed their visit with them and I would most certainly refer all and any friend or family member to enjoy the wonderful experience that my father and I had at Hosteria Rumichaca. If the opportunity presents itself I would most definitele return and enjoy another visit with them. So, if you have any doubts, don´t think twice, just enjoy your experience with Irene and Jose and their wonderful staff, you will NOT regret it !!!!!
NAMASTE TO IRENE, JOSE AND THEIR STAFF BOTH AT THE HOSTERIA AND THEIR GUEST HOUSE IN CUSCO !!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Our friends live in Peru and recommended the Hosteria. In one word, fantastic! Our friends describe Peru as the "land of almost right". Which we experienced on our travel of Peru. But Jose and Irene and their staff and the Hosteria are the exception to the saying of the "land of almost right". Everything was perfect. They planned our trip from the moment we arrived in Cuzco. My family of 3 of us, were picked up at the airport, catered to, fed delicious food, had our own private guide on our tours, all arranged by Jose. After our day in Cuzco, the guide and driver drove us to the Hosteria, about 1.5 hours from Cuzco. The drive was so amazing. Our guide so informative. As we drove down the bumpy dirt road to the Hosteria, I admit I was concerned as to where we were going. But then the beautiful gates open and a sanctuary emerged. Gorgeous. The homes were beautiful, the orchard and crops and landscaping, perfect. Our room was very nice. The food lovely. Everyone on time. Irene accommodated my vegetarian requests and my teen's simple tastes. Jose arranged all of our travel to Machu Picchu. Take the Vista Dome train-don't cheap out, it's worth it. He arranged our guide at MP, who was fantastic. We heard other guides explaining to their groups of 20, and we new we had it great with our private guide to imparted much more detail and was happy to photograph our family at every turn. I don't recommend staying in Cuzco, unless you prefer the tourist trap over the serenity of this Hosteria. Jose also made arrangements for us to horseback the Sacred Valley. Highly recommended, but don't do it on a day you need to manage your time, you will need almost all day.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family