“A charm”

Ranked #8 of 44 Urubamba B&B and Inns
Middletown Springs, Vermont
“A charm”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of this spot. The gardens were peaceful and lush. The room was really funky - with amazingly cool details everywhere we looked. The meals were very lovely. And the staff was very kind and helpful

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

After a few days of the hustle and bustle of Cusco, we choose to have a relaxing couple of days in the sacred valley. Las Chullpas was the perfect place to relax in a hammock, take a hike and pet the baby alpacas that are grazing in the grass. The staff was very kind and accommodating. It was a simple room with a fireplace and most of all- quiet! We would definitely go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I went to Las Chullpas at the end of my trip in Peru in order to have some time for myself before returning to the big city life. It was the best decision I ever made. I got there early in the day and checked in with my broken Spanish. But the staff was really nice, and the ones who don't speak English could understand me well enough without being judgmental. The mountains around Urubamba are well worth exploring on their own. And the city itself is an easy half hour walk to get to. I would have walked back except it started to hailstorm and I had to hide under a market until the weather cleared down to just regular rain. I took a mototaxi to Las Chullpas, which was a bumpy ride but really easy and well worth the 4 soles considering the rain. At night the lights go off at 10, which I really appreciate because the stars were so clear from up there. The room itself was really cozy and stayed cool throughout the day. At night when I finally managed to get a fire started in the fireplace, it was warm and comfortable. The best part about the lodge is definitely the tame animals that roam around. I cuddled with two adorable dogs, Julietta and Lola, two alpacas and a really nice cat. But I think I'm going to miss those adorable dogs the most.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Wow, what can I say about this wonderful place. First of all it is excellent value for money. My partner and I were delighted to see our gorgeous room with its own open fire place and skylight in the roof, perfect for looking at the stars at night. The beds are comfortable and the showers hot. We had a vegetarian meal on our first night and it was delicious and good value. The free breakfast is also really nice. This is an ideal location if you are wanting to relax. The gardens are lovely, with sun drenched hammocks. There is also a kitchen available if you want to prepare your own food. The hosts are friendly and full of knowledge. Stay here, its a memorable experience. We wish we could stay longer.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy-Bee270
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Although we could only stay two nights in the lodge, we've enjoyed every minute of it... beautiful enviroment run by Nancy and Jaqueline, they know how to take care of their guests... We've slept very well in our cosy but simple room with a fireplace in the comfortable beds they've offered and enjoyed the organic food they've prepared, hiked with the company of thier lovely dogs up the mountain, and did a beautiful walk in the sacred valley to the salinas y moray... not to mention the Andean vibe that is always present in the air... Definately a place to go back for more...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a_guran
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I visited the place recently with 2 of my friends. After the first day I decided to stay 1 more day. It is very peaceful and charming. Staff is very helpfull and accomodates any request if poasible. From loundry to packed breakfast if you leave early morning. They will also give you tips to visit places that you will not read on internet. They have a pack of 2 baby alpacas and 2 dogs very friendly and well behaved browsing around the beautiful garden. The price is also very good compared to other places I stayed in . Meals are from cooked from local produce fresh and tasty served as in 4* hotel. Love this place.

• Stayed March 2014
England
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here 5 nights on my arrival to Peru. Everything went very smoothly from being welcomed at Cusco airport: Birthday cake and Pisco sours on arrival ! Nancy and her team run a very friendly, warm, hospitable place to stay. The grounds and immediate environment are beautiful- a great place to rest and just be. It is a good walk into Town, but easy to catch a 'tut- tut' back-though not all managed to get all the way.. We walked to Las Chullpas- the dogs will show the way, and to the Salt pans. Breakfast was different every day: impressive. Our room , Calibra was very comfortable, but because the sun didn't reach it in February was chiily, and the fire place smoked. Once in bed we were very warm. No hesitation in recommending to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family