All reviews space heater gate tour coca tea machu picchu road noise small bar area sacred valley small balcony inner courtyard wool blankets two nights barking dogs extra blankets very nice hotel lovely grounds swimming pool small town
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights which was part of a tour I joined with Gate 1 travel. It is a good 30 minute ride from the train station to Macchu Picchu. This hotel is also near the town and market just a walking distance away if you want to grab a bite to eat or just explore the town. There is a restaurant in the hotel as well and I was told they had good food. The first night I stayed I slept really well but the second night my neighbors from above woke up at 3am and I could hear them shower and patter around so I couldn't go back to sleep. I would probably stay in a place closer to the train station next time and maybe somewhere where there are thicker walls.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hapibambolbi
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Rooms are clean and the neighborhod is quiet. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Although breakfast is advertised until 10 am there was very little left by 9 with many empty trays left on the buffet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is in a smallish town and some distance from the center. On the other hand, that could be why we found it to quiet and restful.. It has a rustic flair while also affording the creature comforts for us spoiled Americans. We really enjoyed the breakfast in the dining area that looks out on a very nicely laid out garden and grounds. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.....something you can't always count on in Peru, from our experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Unfortunately this hotel is in Urubamba. There's nothing to do in Urubamba. The hotel has tons of charm and character with lovely big rooms. There was a bit of an ant infestation in the bathroom. There was also a bit of a problem with hot water and the food in the restaurant was average. However, all of this could be overlooked by the fact that the hotel had a lot of charm and character.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The San Agustin hotel is filled with travelers from around the world. We stayed here during our tour with Overseas Adventure Travel. The rooms are clean, breakfast is plentiful, and the staff is very helpful. The gardens are beautiful and the surrounding scenery is spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends