All reviews gate tour space heater coca tea machu picchu road noise sacred valley small balcony barking dogs two nights extra blankets quaint hotel lovely grounds swimming pool small town group tour twin beds yogurt
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed a night at this hotel. We had a huge room with balcony, facing somewhat of a garden. It had a living area, with a huge bed and bathroom. Think it was a suite. Of all the hotels, this was the best room we got. Was a little chilly though at night in the room. The hotel grounds are beautiful, shame we didn't explore them more since it was very cold out and not much time on our hands. We wanted to go to a restaurant outside the hotel, however it's location unfortunately did not permit us to do that. The town is very very dark, barely lighting on the streets. I could not see what was 5 feet in front of me, "dogs" howling with a strange market in front. Ummm, yeah we stayed inside and went to the hotel restaurant. What a mistake. The worst and slowest service ever!! Filled with Japanese tourists that seemed lost at all times!!!!!!! That's another story. The waiter took forever to take our order and bring our food. Was thinking about leaving and going out into the scary dark town. I ordered trout. It was really really small, but good. I was still hungry... The morning after, we had to wake up early. There were only cold cuts available. They were still cooking. Not prepared at all. A huge group of Japanese tourists just grabbing everything like crazy, nothing left for anyone else. It was awful, bad organization!!!!!! I would not stay there again. Thank god for the great room.

Room Tip: Corner suites please
1  Thank ginamaria9
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our room was right across the reception desk so it was always noisy from people walking by. It was very cold while I was staying there and all they had were the little plug in heaters which took forever to heat up the room. Room was clean and wifi was slow at times and good at other times. Food at the restaurant other than the chicken soup was not good at all. Food was either too salty or over cooked. I had the misfortune of having the Pisco Sour and it made me sick. The location is not that much desired since there isn't anything else in close walking distance.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel and were pleased. Like many hotels in small cities, we had a room with two double beds. The hotel does not have heat, however each room had a small space heater if needed. Breakfast was okay, but really did not offer many traditional breakfast items ( I know it is Peru, but breakfast is breakfast)...they had eggs, but they were swimming in water so they were not very appetizing and the toaster was old and very slow so people were waiting in line to toast. One of my pet peeves is frozen butter and that it was every morning. My issues really are minor as for the most part, we had a great stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank scross9475
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel grounds are very pretty, with grassy areas, flowers,. trees and a view of the mountain. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. It was pretty cold mid-May, and the space heater doesn't help much but the blankets were very warm. Bring slippers as the room is only partially carpeted. There was a good breakfast (but take a warm sweater with you.as the restaurant isn't heated). We had dinner there one night and the food was good with very generous portions,

On the down side there was a group of school children the one night, who made a racket from 10.30 to midnight. It wasn't just loud talking - they were slamming doors and knocking on doors of other guests. A member of our tour group went down to reception to complain, and was told that they couldn't do anything, as it was the job of the chaperone. I find it hard to believe that a hotel can't deal with rowdy guests!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hotel is located in the middle of the town walking distance to the market or you can take a short ride. Hotel has a nice refreshing ambiance with trees, flowers, plants, and greeneries around the courtyard and mountain view. Room we were in was small but clean. Bathroom was a good size and clean with toiletries. Free Wi-Fi in the room and all areas with good connection. Breakfast is good with plenty of choices. Coca tea is served free in the lobby. Staff are nice and friendly. Overall we had a pleasant stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends