“Barbecue”

El Peregrino
Ranked #611 of 948 Restaurants in Montevideo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Ciudad Vieja
Belgrade, Serbia
“Barbecue”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

One of the 1st restaurants that you comeby before entering the market in Montevideo. It's all about meat and barbecue in Uruguay. The best quality of meat is here you won't regret. From the famous bone steak up to civitto which is a mix of fried egg, bacon on the top of the steak together with fries, salad and russian salad. This is a favorite here. The prices are really reasonable.

Visited January 2014

Belo Horizonte
“Nothing special as spread”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Maybe I was expecting more but I felt quite disappointed with the meat. It's a hot place full of people in very tide places. Hot and smelling good, but for me just smelling.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank FirstCommander
Southeast U.S.
“Very good beef; nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited this restaurant during a cruise stop in December, 2013. We had a private guide for Montevideo and he recommended it. We thought the atmosphere was very nice--low key and good for small groups and families. There is a big grill right inside the main room of the restaurant where the meats are being cooked constantly. I had a rib eye beef and my husband had a "pork rib" which was actually three pork chops which melted in his mouth. He begrudgingly let me share a bite and it was so good! My beef was the "petite" size but was huge. It was also so tender I could have cut it with a fork. While my husband finished his pork I couldn't finish the size of my "petite" beef. We had some wine (house wine) and some water with the meal. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend heartily to others. We certainly didn't have the experience some of the reviewers with more negative comments had. We thought the price was right in line for the quality of the food, the good service and the atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank haskinskj
Seattle, Washington
“Best meal we had in Uruguay”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Sometimes I wonder if other reviewers ate at the same place I did. We loved this restaurant! The service was great. The food even better. It was the best meal we had during in a week in Uruguay, and we had some good meals. Most of our group of 7 had beef, but two had salmon and one is vegetarian so she had salad and vegetables. All were happy with their food. We ate a late lunch (13:30-15:00) but portions were large and no one asked for dinner that night. The location adds a nice atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Kent W
Malaga, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No recomend ”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Good service, but meal wasn't. Meat was too hard, I can't chew it and more than a half of meat was realy green ! i was choose rare steak , but it was prepared bad and not highest quality of meat and meat in one side of piece had bad smelt..Other meal the ribs was done not very bad.

1 Thank Giedre2013