“Great place when in Montevideo”

Una Noche Mas b & b
Ranked #3 of 37 Montevideo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is our 3rd time staying at Una Noche Mas! Carla and Eduardo are great hosts and kind people. This is the type of home feeling we've been looking for after 10 months on the road. Comfortable beds, great location, safe and great views from the deck. In the chilly weather they have a great fireplace and very relaxing. They have AC & heating in each of the rooms. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jbwynn

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Una Noche Mas is a lovely B and B in a perfect location in Montevideo. It is in an area near everything you would need like supermarkets, restaurants, laundry, but far enough from the city center to feel much safer. There is always a fire in the fireplace, hot coffee and tea available, and very friendly and hepful hosts, Eduardo and Carla. The rooms are warm and beds comfy. The showers are touch and go with regards to hot water, but this may be due to timing. My family of five stayed here for 6 nights total, on and off, and felt comfortable each time we returned. We would have liked better kitchen facilities for us to use, but there are dishes and a microwave as well as a barbeque indoors for grilling meat. My only complaint was that we were in a tiny room with five beds, much too small, but quite warm and cozy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoriWynn
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed in Una Noche Mas for two weeks when visiting the nearby School of Engeneering, where I did research and taught a course. The hostal is just a few blocks away.

Carla and Eduardo did their upmost to make my stay as comfortable as possible. We could even use the grill (parilla) in the kitchen on the roof to have joint dinner with some students attending my course.

The room on top is very special; it is last remaining octagonal rooms on top of a building in Montevideo, which was in the past overlooking the see. It has rooms on all sides. One feels like a captain on a ship.

My colleagues went before I came to inspect the place. After long deliberations they decided to use the word "rustic". Furniture and lavish decoratios are non-standard, but attribute to the cosy atmosphere.

The bed in the room I was staying in first was a bit short (I am almost 2 meters). When I told them I was immediately moed to another room. When making preservation you may want to indicate your length, if it is above standard,

Thanks Carla and Eduardo for all the care you took. If there is a next time, I will definitely stay with you again.

Room Tip: I have given some indication above.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

There were seven of us, 4 adults and 3 children (14,12,9). The open air restaurant was beautiful and the cocktails were delicious. The food was very good, smaller portions but very well done with good flavors. My husband had the salmon and said it was delicious. I had the pork Milanese, daughter had filet, inlaws split the seafood stew which they said was ok. The bread and butter were delicious. Two of the kids had small portions of gnocchi. In retrospect, would not go to this restaurant with children because there was not much to choose from for them. Would go back with adults again

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Not unlike all my experiences is Uruguay, I felt perfectly at home and very well taken care of here. Our host went out of his way to help us out with a few random things during our four night stay. The B&B is located truly in the perfect spot of the city, in a wonderful neighbourhood, close to the beach and a simple bus ride/ cheap taxi to the center.
There aren't many frills when it comes to the bedrooms (clearly because this is not a luxury hotel) but the breakfast is superb. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Carla & Eduardo made my husband and I feel very welcome and comfortable from the moment we arrived. Throughout our stay they provided lots of tips on the city, shared mate, stories, breakfast and laughs with us. At the same time they gave us enough room to do our own thing. Other highlights to mention include being walking distance from both Playa Ramirez and Pocitos, as well as spending sunny afternoons on their spectacular rooftop chilling out with a litre of beer and book in my hand. Gracias!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

As others have said, Eduardo and Carla are amazingly warm and welcoming, lovely people. The room I stayed in was small and quite dark but beautifully clean and quiet - I slept 11 hours non-stop to get over jet-lag the first night. I also appreciated being able to just sit quietly in the lounge reading and listening to music on the radio. They live in a calm suburb, with a short walk down to the 'prom' on the seafront. The city centre is further away, but easily accessible by bus. There are a couple of local restaurants nearby for your evening meal if you don't want to go far. It was exactly the right choice for my first few nights in Montevideo. Thank you both!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo