“Good experience but slow service”
Review of Francis Restaurant

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good experience but slow service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good food and nice service; excellent locations as well. Last time we ate there they took a bit too long to bring the food, but it was a busy Sunday. Will come back.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Ballito, South Africa
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have had a business dinner here on 4 occasions now. In my opinion it is one of the top 5 places to eat in Montevideo. Great Service, there online reservation service is excellent. Their food is very very good. Wine list is excellent and caters for all tastes.

London
“Best and most expensive restaurant of our trip”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After some bad experiences in Montevideo and Colonia del Sacramento we decided to have a decent dinner. And we were not disappointed. The service was excellent, the beer cold (served exclusively by the polite and friendly staff) and the food very good-looking and tasty. This restaurant clearly stands as a decent, classy place, offering a nice range of meals and dishes. I was very surprised with the Paella, which was prepared fresh. Even though we arrived at 9pm, when the restaurant was completely full, it didn't take that long to be served. The starter was excellent too.
I would recommend it to anyone going to Montevideo, but just note that the price of your meal can be very high for Uruguay's standards.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Paolo R
Oakland, California, United States
“A beautiful restaurant with very good but pricey cuisine”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor and the close proximity of the restaurant to my hotel I decided I simply had to check out this highly reviewed restaurant.

Francis is a very beautiful and upscale, yet comfortable restaurant in a very trendy urban neighborhood. I was immediately greeted and seated upon walking in at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. There were at least three waitstaff who attended to me and the service was absolutely stellar.

I was provided a very extensive interactive wine list courtesy of a tablet. Regrettably it wasn't the iPad with which I am most familiar. but no subtraction points for this. :) With a little practice, I learned to navigate it okay, and with the help of my server, we selected a very nice Malbec.

For starters, I ordered the ceviche which was without doubt some of the finest I've had anywhere in South or Central America and certainly better than anything I've had in the US.

For my entrée, I select the lamb and mushroom risotto. This proved to be a very interesting dish, but fell slightly short of my expectations. The risotto itself was wonderful, but the lamb was a bit tough, though certainly not bad, just not quite flavored to my liking. In other words it was just a little bland. Likewise the sauce was just slightly underwhelming. But overall, it was a nice meal and quite satisfying. The portions of both the appetizer and the entrée were quite large.

Now for the best part: when you visit this restaurant, and I suggest you do, don't leave without having their panqueque dulce de leche! It was fabulous, and made the meal and more than made up for the risotto which was good but not fantastic. This was easily some of the best dulce de leche I have ever enjoyed in my life and is a must-have when you go. Coupled with a fabulous espresso, it consummated an overall great meal. It IS quite expensive, so be prepared.

I chatted with the owners prior to leaving and found them very warm and amicable and was happy to have supported them. I highly recommend this restaurant. The entire staff was quite professional and very accommodating. You almost certainly enjoy your experience.

Visited May 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excelent atmosphere and service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent restaurant for couples, friends and family. The owner like to attend all people personally and provide tips about food. Ask for the wine made specially for the restaurant, it is excellent.

• Visited May 2014