“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Golf Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Regency Golf Hotel
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Montevideo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Paraty
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I traveled with my family to Montevideo to celebrate my father's 80th birthday and had a great stay at the Regency Golf. Loved the rooms, decor, sheets, spacious bathroom, yummy breakfast, good options at restaurant, free WiFi and most of all, amazing service. The location of RG is excellent, close to gourmet restaurants, shopping mall, public buses, beach and more.Thanks to Nicolas, Gaston, Richard and the whole staff of Regency Golf for a great stay. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
iega, Gerente at Regency Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your words! How nice to know you remember all the names from such a lot of great people! They are here waiting for you to come back…
We hope to host you soon at the Regency Golf, please do not hesitate to contact as in you next visit.
Sincerely, Ilana Gateño General Mgr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rosario, Argentina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel is modern and confortable. Must admit that the breakfast and food quality is above average, wifi coverage is great (excellet speed).
However, when comparing it's price to other similar hotels in the area it lacks a lot of "must have": the gym is located in a really small room, lot to improve in this area.
The room didn't appeared to be cleaned with a lot of "effort" and the A/C is extremelly noisy.
To sum up, the hotel deserves to be considered as a valid option. I would return on a next trip. However, study other alternatives before making your final call.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Piloteador
iega, Gerente at Regency Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guests,
Thanks a lot for your honest and detailed comments. We need them to grow and improve.
We apologize for any inconvenient caused.
We hope to surprise you in your next visit to Montevideo, please do not hesitate to mention you are a repeater.
Sincerely, Ilana Gateño General Mgr
Floripa, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a great hotel in a great location. Within a block you can find a mall, currency exchange, taxis, bus stops, restaurants and cafés. I stayed at Regency Golf for 5 days, and only two things bothered me. First one was the garage. Unless you're driving a smart, you'll have a hard time parking. If you're driving a bigger car, ask them if they have another garage. Second one was that some mornings their tableware had some stains, but it seemed that it was water and soap that had dried on it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Jefe de Recepción. at Regency Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you very much for criticism. They are very important to us.

Hopefully soon we visit.
Thank you very much!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We have been travelling to Montevideo frequently for 3 1/2 years now and at first tried a number of hotels in the area. Regency Golf is by far the best in the area.

The reception staff and the general manager are there to provide the utmost in customer service from the time you arrive until departure.

On this particular visit, Ilana, the General Manager, offered to upgrade us to a suite as we would be staying there for over 2 weeks and purchasing a lot of household items for our new apartment. She saw us carrying some of the items in and inquired regarding our stay. She also was kind to offer to make a reservation for us that their Carrasco property if we decided to take a break over the weekend from all the shopping! What a nice jesture and very typical of the way we have been treated whenever we stay there.

As always, the room was very spacious, clean and well equipped. The new breakfast offerings were a wonderful start to the morning and as always the reservations staff was exceptional.

One of the best features of the hotel is its location. It is walking distance to most of the fine dining restaurants in the Punta Carretas dining district, a few minutes from Punta Carretas Shopping and the bus stop. You can easily walk down to the Rambla and walk for miles along the Rio Plata.

In Punta Caretas, the Regency Golf Hotel is the best and only place to stay when visiting Montevideo. It offer exceptional accomodations, service and value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoneTropo
Dear Mr.

Thank you very much for all your positive comments.
It is a pleasure for us that has been good in the Regency Golf.

See you soon.
Thank you!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and i stayed at the Regency and really enjoyed our time there. Here is a video of our room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msvSDv_l74

For fun, we walked only a few short blocks to a major shopping attraction Punta Cerretas. Here is the video from the short walk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9fA16UmBmU

We walked to the river and from there went in a number of directions for food and entertainment. One thing i did not like was the underground parking which I felt was a little tight but we made our way through it. I'd highly recommend it for location alone.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Romina P, Encargada de Reservas at Regency Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest:

Many thanks for your comments.

Has been a pleasure to welcome you to our Hotel.
Still you have many places to visit in Uruguay, and we hope to see you soon again at Regency Golf - Hotel Urbano.

Kind regards,
Romina Pagliari
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very good place to stay, close to everything, good service, nice and cosy hotel. Defiantly recommended and will come back

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments.

Has been a pleasure to see you at our hotel.
We hope to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,
Romina Pagliari
Fremont, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

First of all, if they give you room 105...ask them to change to a different floor or room. Room 105 was on the first floor right by a stairwell that led to the lower level dining area. The acoustics was horrible as everything echoed straight up the stairwell and around to our room. We asked to be moved to a different room and were told they were booked for the 4 nights we were there. Upon check out I left my jacket with iPod in the closet. I immediately called them from the airport once I discovered this. The young lady that answered the phone told me she would check the room and they could Fed Ex to me in Buenos Aires and I could email the Buenos Aires hotel info with address to them once I arrived in Buenos Aires this was all on very early Friday morning. I emailed the hotel address and called later that afternoon, a young man confirmed they found my jacket and iPod and were awaiting a call from Fed Ex. I emailed later in the afternoon and asked regarding Fed Ex delivery. No reply. I emailed again Saturday three separate times, noreply. So I called again. They stated Fed Ex is closed on weekend and I would have to wait and call them again on Monday. I sent an email. No reply. So I contacted the site I used to book the hotel who sent the hotel an email asking them to reply to my emails. I then immediately received an email from the hotel stating responses to all of my emails all bounced back. ????? included in their reply was a comment stating they were looking for my items...??? I was already told they were found....very confusing. To make a long story short, by Monday afternoon it was already too late to send my jacket and iPod via Fed Ex as we were already leaving back to California.

The hotel told me that in order to send me my belongings, I would have to open my own Fed Ex account....but the very first person I spoke with told me they could send Fed Ex without a problem. asked them to please send to me and bill my credit card on file. I was informed the hotel did not have a Fed Ex account, this is, after-all, a good sized hotel...I find it difficult to believe they do not use Fed Ex for any business purposes. I asked how they usually return forgotten items to their customers and did not receive a reply.

I felt this was all very poor customer service. I also realize it was my fault for forgetting my jacket, but these things do happen, and I am sure I'm not the first nor will I be the last to forget something. Because of this needless merry go round I was on with the employees and the location of our room, I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

On arrival in California, I contacted Fed Ex, created an account and another 4 emails later finally received a confirmation from the hotel that my items were on their way.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 105 or forget personal items
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vmcern
, Gerente at Regency Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Madam,
Thanks a lot for your comments. The hotel has 9 floors and 65 rooms and it´s really important for us to know your preference to accommodate you on your visit, even though it´s a preference we will do our best to please all. We are glad your belongings included your high value iPod was found and sent home.
Hope to see you soon at the Regency Hotels.
Regards, Ilana & Staff