“Neighborhood restaurant with tasty food and great service”
Review of Fellini

Fellini
Ranked #40 of 976 Restaurants in Montevideo
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Neighborhood restaurant with tasty food and great service”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We really loved the food , service and location of Fellini's and went there several times for lunch. I felt the staff was extremely attentative even though most of them only spoke Spanish and there was a bit of a language barrier on our part,but they always managed to get us what we needed. The owner or manager was extremely nice and always made us feel very welcomed.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank detroitfoodlover

Adelaide, Australia
“We loved it!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My friend and I have not felt more welcomed at any restaurant in South America as we were here. We had the fish of the day and a pear salad and both were amazing. The service was first class, as was the atmosphere. I'll be back!

• Visited August 2012
Montevideo, Uruguay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunchtime Treat”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had lunch here a couple of times, and enjoyed the salads... Montevideo's restaurants don't usually offer much in the way of salads. Otherwise, it's an average sort of Uruguayan restaurant. Nothing very unusual on the menu. Service was very good, though, and the atmosphere was comfortable, and the price was reasonable.

Penang Island, Malaysia
“Quality is variable”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We have been frequenting Fellinis for a few years now, mainly because this is the expat meeting place for Sunday lunch. We find the quality of food and service to be quite variable, presumably depending on the chef of the day. The first time I ordered rack of Lamb it was superb, but the second and third time was bad. The service is often slow, but then again, it´s always busy.

Today was a surprise, the lasagne was good, and I was presently surprised when the waitress cared enough to check with me if I liked it (I left half of it on the plate). Without asking she bagged up the left overs for us. A nice touch. My friend had fish of the day. Good, but lacked taste was his verdict. Hey... this is Uruguay.

On Sundays they always have a piano accordionist playing music near the door, which adds to the general ambiance. Generally speaking, I find the place a bit too noisy for my liking. Small tables and uncomfortable chairs... Hello, you are in Uruguay are you not? Actually today we sat at one of the round tables which are larger (seat six) and bench seating is more comfortable than the wooden chairs. Sit at one of these tables away from the music if you want to be comfortable and converse.

I guess the attempted Italian cuisine is a pleasant change from the regular Uruguayan fare, and the prices are reasonable. $240 (US$12) for the lassagne.

Finally, Fellinis has a good location in Pocitos, on a corner and one block back from the Rambla, so it´s easy enough to find.

• Visited February 2012
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Fantastic and chaming”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

It's a little charming and well decorated restaurant at Pocitos. The pasta i've asked for (Parpadelle Alla Vera) was delicious, as the tiramisu i ate after. The staff is very friendly and helpful! Don't forget to prove the Limoncello after the meal! The prices are ok too.

• Visited January 2011