“Good food and ambiance”

Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After a day of travel we checked into our hotel on Indepence Square and walked over to Cafe Bacacay. What a pleasant suprise. The food was really good, I had the citrus-ginger chicken with grilled vegetables. It was light and yummy, just what I needed after a full travel day. They have cocktail called a Pisco Sour that would recommend as well.
Atmosphere was very appealing with a beautiful view of the Teatro across the street. Clean modern look with a cool Uruguayan vibe. Playing music that was modern tango for a while and then switched to a good jazz.
Service was good and I thought that prices in what seems to be the heart of a tourist area were very reasonable.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

After a month travelling and searching for the best steak in Argentina i found it here!!A real treat.Since not much stays open late in ciudad vieja and most places are dodgy or touristic around sarandi this is a suprising delight!! Nice staff, great food.Only failure is the bread in plastic.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stopped here for lunch on a hot day after a long walk around Montevideo, and it was perfect. We sat outside (it's on a fairly quiet street) and had a simple meal, but the omelette I ordered was probably the best I've ever had - perfectly cooked, and with a very nice side salad, and even the bread was excellent. My partner had soup, also delicious, and the local wine and coffee were top quality too. The staff were friendly and helpful. So - on a fairly brief encounter - we'd highly recommend it.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I visited the Cafe for dinner. We had a great dinner and experience. The staff is helpful and friendly. The food is excellent. The steak with Ginger sauce was fantastic. I also recommend checking out the local selection of wines.....very good.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We ordered the chicken baguette and a tomato and lettuce salad. Both were fresh and delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!