“Great Choice”

Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
bsas
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. It is well located, impecable and modern. But the difference between good and excellent is due to the great staff, friendly, knowledgable and professional people working in the hotel.
We booked a family room and all was ready to accomodate my children.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Colchester, Vermont
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My Suites is a really nice hotel with excellent, friendly, engaging, helpful service. We enjoyed a room on the top floor with a large balcony overlooking our neighborhood in Pocitos. The room was small, but the balcony more than compensated for it. What separates My Suites from the rest is their engaging knowledge of local Uruguayan wines. We enjoyed our conversations with Maurizio the Sommelier, and his presentations on local wine. The hotel arranged a fantastic visit to Bouza Bodega for a tour and lunch....a real gem. Pocitos is a vibrant, fun, beautiful neighborhood in Montevideo with excellent restaurants, architecture, and easy access to the rambla and the beach. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 1001 is small, but has a large balcony
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed at My Suites for two nights and enjoyed our stay. Fortunately we spent two days in Montevideo the week before on a cruise, so we previously had a chance to see the old town area. The old town area is a ways by bus from My Suites, but it is certainly possible to go to the old town from My Suites. There is not a lot to do in the area around My Suites. There is a beach. Although after seeing the pollution in the harbor of Montevideo, I was not interested in swimming in the river. There is a good shopping mall a few blocks away. We found a great restaurant a few blocks away called La Perdiz. It is an easy walk, and the food is great. We ate there two nights in a row. For some reason it is not on the My Suites list of area restaurants. The front desk was very helpful and spoke good English. They told us about a bus to the airport that we could pickup a few blocks away that only cost about $2.00 US and runs about every 20 minutes. As we were checking out, I noticed a computer screen that appeared to have have images from all of the rooms. I think there is a camera in the each room, so be careful of what you wear or do not wear. There may be someone at the front desk watching you. Also when we were checking out they had the maid check the refrigerator, and she said we had consumed two bottles of water. But we did not use anything from their refrigerator. The front desk did take it off of the bill. One interesting thing is that they have power in the safe, so that you can charge phones and computers securely.

1 Thank Charles G
GERENCIAMYSUITES, Gerente at My Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Charles,

Thank you for your sincere comments.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you liked the shops and restaurants in the surroundings.

On our restaurant recommendation list we try to include a varied cuisine selection. I personally have visited La Perdiz and have to say it is a great restaurant!! The reason we don´t include it in our list is because they reserve very few tables, this makes it difficult for us to guarantee our guests a reservation at this restaurant within a day’s notice.

I wanted to clarify about our security cameras; we have them located exclusively at the hotels common areas. This is a measure we take for the safety of our guests and employees. It provides us a fast notice in case of an emergency, this way, if we see an anomaly we can take immediate action. Like in many countries, here in Uruguay it is prohibited by law to have cameras in private areas like hotel rooms and bathrooms. I hope this explanation makes you feel more at ease.

I apologize for the mistake on your bill and am glad the front desk was able to correct it.

Thank you once again Charles for your opinion about My Suites.
We look forward to your next visit to Montevideo.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place was the surprise of the visit to MV. Booked it through a web intermediary so we weren't expecting too much. We were met with impeccable and friendly service and a lovely big room with more amenities than we needed. Breakfast was lovely too, fresh and plentiful. Really good for what we paid. Situated in a nice safe neighbourhood too.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at My Suites for one night only but we certainly recommend it. Not only because it is very well located (quite area but also well served of restaurants) but also because of comfort. Rooms are very spacious and well kept. Breakfast is full of delicious treats, fresh fruit, juice, and so on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Small boutique hotel, with a wine tasting most afternoons. Tasteful and well looked after, with some very friendly and competent staff. It is Pocitos, not too close to downtown, but close to the beach. You can get around town by taxi, walking or by rented bike (US$ 15 a day, the bike renta

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank w40nsk1
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is quite complete for a urban hotel, if you don't mind for a large swimming pool or other leisure frills.
The room is good, spaceous, clean and with nice features, such as micro-wave oven and a very small kitchen, useful for travellers with kids and business too.
Fair breakfast, service lobby and garage.
The differentiation is the wine menu and the wine bar / restaurant, that provides wine and olive oil tastings somedays - when I was there, from friday to sunday 8 pm. Very nice tips from the sommelier.
I only did not gave full grade because they did not clean my room before 5 pm the three days I was there... by saturday I had to leave the room with my kids at 5:30pm so they could clean the room. So, ask for the time you need your room clean, my only tip,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family