“After Hotel my experience”

After Hotel Montevideo
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Sydney, Australia
“After Hotel my experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked this hotel because it was not too expensive and was relatively close to the city.
The food was good, no complaints. The room was cosy, we had a flickering light in the bathroom but apart from that the bed was comfy, the air con worked and the hotel was quiet.
It was easy to walk round the corner to a shopping centre or to catch a 5min taxi ride into the city.
All in all it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alejandro S, Operations Manager at After Hotel Montevideo, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Miss,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We have received your comments on what concerns of our cozy rooms and our location.

We effort every day to make your stay unique.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope have you again as guest in our Hotel.

Alejandro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Whilst the standard of the room and food served was adequate, the lack of English speaking staff proved to be a problem. When leaving I asked for a taxi to the port - they put me in a taxi to the airport with a non English speaking driver. I tried to explain but it was not till we got all the way to the airport that he realised and took me back to the hotel. Another taxi was called which took me to the port to pick up my cruise ship and I paid him in cash when we got there. I left the first taxi driver arguing with hotel staff. Having settled my account in cash, I was upset to find some 2 weeks later they had charged my credit card with $55 to pay for this unwanted trip to the airport. Unsuccessfully I have tried to contact the hotel by email and they have never responded. The hotel was booked via Qantas Hotels so I contacted them and after lengthy communication with the hotel I have still not received a refund for their error. It appears they have free rein to charge whatever they like. Travellers beware !

Room Tip: I had a room at the back and a dog barked incessantly nearby all night
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Alejandro S, Operations Manager at After Hotel Montevideo, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Ms. Felicity,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We have received your comments on what concerns about the problem that you had with the taxi driver.

Please let me inform you that we perfomed the return to your credit card the same day, January 27th. It is strange that is not acredited yet.

I will make the claim again, but I will need your credit card information again, so I will give you my email so you can contact me. asosa@afterhotel.com.uy

Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to your response.

Alejandro Sosa
Operations Manager.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a nice boutique hotel in a decent area of Montevideo, rooms are cozy and the staff are friendly. The rooms on the back side of the hotel can be a bit noisy, there is a dog that lives in a house behind the hotel that barks a lot. I know this is not the hotels fault, but it does wake you up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Miss Debbie,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We have received your comments on what concerns of our cozy rooms and principally our friendly staff. We effort every day to make your stay unique.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Its a small boutique style hotel, the location is convenient - close to the World Trade Center and the Montevideo Shopping Center, its a safe area, about 50 meters away from La Rambla.

The breakfast is ok but I wish there was a little more variety, its a very basic buffet breakfast.

The rooms are small but for a business traveler that shouldn't be an issue. My main issue were the mattresses, extremely hard, ended up with backache and didn't really sleep in the 3 days I was there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro S, Operations Manager at After Hotel Montevideo, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Mr.

On behalf of our entire Hotel Staff and myself I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your comments about our good breakfast.

Also we want apologize for your bad experience with our matress, your comments and suggestions will be taken into consideration.

I look forward to having you satayed at our hotel again.

Warm regards,

San Isidro, Argentina
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great for a short stay, very small rooms but nice and clean. Reasonable rates, super kind and helpful staff.
Breakfast is ok and with a nice variety of choices. However, we tried the night menu and it was probably the worst meal I've had in a long long time. My friend ordered the pork, the dryest worst cooked pork in history with an inedible side of something that looked like beet pure but was cold. My fish was filled with salt and grease, I ordered it with salad and they literally threw two leaves of lettuce a piece of tomato and a piece of onion in the plate.
The Morado Restaurant looked so pretentious and chic one would have expected a decent meal prepared with love and finesse. But NO!!
It has a lovely roof terrace and the whole place is nicely decorated, however, the materials used, seem to be 'cutting corners' (like the low grade carpet in the dining area). One cannot expect for the charming look to last.

Best location in town.

Room Tip: Rooms by the courtyard are noisy. Get as big a room as you can afford.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro S, Operations Manager at After Hotel Montevideo, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Miss.,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We have received your comments on what concerns of our kind and hlelpful staff, as well as our good brakfast and instalations.

Addittionally, I want to extend my apologies regarding the bad experience that you had in our restaurant. We are working in this issue to improve this service.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Small boutique hotel in a dicey neighborhood.
Rooms are sub-par with ultra modern (cheap) furnishings. Although clean, the smell of mildew was prevalent due to the leak in the tub of my room (it flooded the carpet).
The staff seemed young and inexperienced, but were kind.
Free breakfast from 10-11 am.
Be careful in that area; it doesn't seem safe.
Ok internet, poor satellite connection.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GingerCookie76
Alejandro S, Operations Manager at After Hotel Montevideo, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Miss,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We have received your comments on what concerns with the smell in your room and we have worked in this issue.

In relation with the time of the breakfast, please let me inform you that our time is from 7am till 11am.

Miami, FL
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a small, boutique like hotel with a big heart. The After hotel staff makes up for anything you might lack. It has all the necessary amenities for a very pleasant stay. The breakfast is complimentary and very nice. If you don't see anything in the table that you would like to have, ask. They are extremely accommodating.
So the gym is small and inadequate. Yes indeed it is. However, with your room rate you have access to one of the best gyms in the city a short walk away at the mall for 14 USD. Believe me it is worth it. If you're more of of an outdoorsy person, they have a huge boardwalk a block away that you can run, skate or bike. And speaking of bikes, you can rent one from the hotel as well and have it the whole day. I rented one and saw downtown Montevideo by way of bike.
The hotel is also close to many wonderful restaurants and also close to bus access to go to one as well.
Quaint. Nice. Prompt.
It describes the hotel and it describes the staff.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank fitgator
Dear Mr.,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We have received your comments on what concerns of our city, the good services of the hotel and principally our staff. We effort every day to make your stay unique.