“One of the best in town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Cocina de Pedro

La Cocina de Pedro
Ranked #12 of 924 Restaurants in Montevideo
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sao Paulo, SP
“One of the best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Is a fancy restaurant, but the prices are good, specially for those who enjoy meat and the uruguayan parillas, because the prices are way much better than in Mercado del Puerto, a very touristic spot. The best option if you are staying close to the ond town and Palermo.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Iuri K

São Paulo, Brazil
“Great service and basic local food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I had a medium excellent service experience, table location, care with my kids, they gave us a free desert for my two daughters, great.
My wife had a ravioli with pesto, it was good.
Unfortunatelly I ordered the chef suggestion of pamplona de ancho con ensalada. This pamplona was a kind of beef with cheese, morrón and spinach inside, grilled with some cheese outside. Altogether, it tasted weird, the meet was lost is over burned cheese flavours.
But I would come back, just to taste the tradicional parrillada.

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“perfect dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I found this restaurant on trip advisor and decided to try. It was a great choice. The waiter received us with a glass of champagne and i ordered a lamb risotto! JUST PERFECT! It´s a must do!

Visited December 2013
Rahway, New Jersey
“This Place has it all!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I absolutely loved my meal! The truth is that there though I eat meat this restaurant gives you a lot of choice. I find it hard to find veggies here in Montevideo other than salads, but they did have some other choices. There was pasta dishes and a whole list of pizzas as well. I also had an awesome dulce de leche filled crepe! Yummy! The staff was very attentive and patient with us as we were not native Spanish speakers and my Spanish was very rusty! I would go here again!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, New York
“Didn't have reservations, sat at the bar - was a better experience than we could have imagined!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

So, we were at the Four Points & the front desk agent recommended this (after we shrugged off her first recommendation, which was a steak house that she gave us stamped card for). We asked her for a non-touristy, but nice restaurant.

We were NOT disappointed at all!

We showed up, without reservations, and all they had (8:30pm) were 2 seats at the bar - right in front of the kitchen. Best place to sit at this restaurant.

Here's why: 1) You see everything as it's being cooked/prepped. 2) the chef gave us a few extra items as he was cooking them & also complimentary champagne when he found out were were visiting from out of the country & this was our first visit to Uruguay 3) it was a more exciting way to dine than sitting at table & having a waiter.

Food was excellent - the 29th of the month is Gnocchi (sp?) night, so my companion had vegetarian gnocchi it was delicious. I had a ribeye and it was cooked a perfect medium rare as requested.

Great wine recommendations from the waiter, great treats from the chef as we watched them cook, and overall, a great dining experience - probably one of the best meals I've had while traveling.

• Visited November 2013