“Another great review”

Cultura Cercana - Uruguay
Ranked #19 of 39 Tours in Montevideo
More attraction details
Owner description: Our wide range of private tours -in private vehicles- are a very comfortable way of sightseeing and exploring our local culture. We offer quality private tours for everyone around many locations.
Bellaire, Texas
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Another great review”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Bruno took my wife and I on a full day tour of Montevideo in December. We had a great time. Bruno spoke English well and was very pleasant. We learned a lot about Uruguay and Montevideo. Everything went according to plan and we would highly recommend Cultura Cercana ( which we used in Buenos Aires too ).

Visited December 2012

Memphis, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Everything we hoped for and more”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

As previous reviews have stated, Bruno and CulturaCercana are a first rate organization. Our family of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our day in Colonia with Bruno. With his expert advice we found the Buquebus ferry from BA to Colonia very easy to handle. He walked me through the purchasing of the ferry tickets, appropriate ferry times to choose etc. His email contacts were timely and accurate. As far as Colonia goes..... It is a great day trip from BA and there is much to see and learn about Uraguay. Our family rated it one of our best day trips of our two week vacation.

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A perfect day in Montevideo”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My mom and I went for a day trip and had a fabulous day. Bruno was a fantastic tour guide. He is friendly and knowledgeable. He made us feel like we were hanging out with a friend in his home town more so than a tour. He customized the tour based on what I had said our likes and dislikes were. We saw great sights, learned a lot about the history of the country and took us to some local places to see how they live. We went to lunch in a market with a lot of different restaurants where locals go. It was charming and fun. The theater tour was great and he helped us negotiate with local street merchants. Everyone in town seems to know this guy! It was a great and memorable day one of my favorites from the 2 weeks in South America.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank stephs_treks
Thunder Bay, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I did the private walking tour of the old town with Bruno, and it was a great experience. We did the tour on Uruguay's national holiday so the city was dead, but Bruno kept us entertained, and he even made sure that we made it to Constitution Square in time for the President to speak to the press. With Bruno, we learnt a lot more and saw a lot more than we would have seen by ourselves in our only full day in Montevideo.

I strongly recommend this tour as a great value, as the price was very reasonable for a private tour. The walking tour would be perfect for cruise ship passengers, who could see the old town, learn a lot about the city, and still have time left over to wander around on their own.

Visited July 2012
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Day Tour of Montevideo”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I took the ferry over to Montevideo from Buenos Aires for just one day. We had a fantastic day with Bruno who was a wonderful tour guide. Bruno was enthused, warm and sincere in addition to being highly knowledgeable. Given our time constraints Bruno made sure that we made the best use of our time by giving us a number of options as well as his recommended sites for us to see. For anyone visiting Montevideo, be sure to book a tour with Bruno!

Visited July 2012