“Fantastic”

Cultura Cercana - Uruguay
Ranked #20 of 41 Tours in Montevideo
More attraction details
Owner description: Our wide range of private tours -in private vehicles- are a very comfortable way of sightseeing and exploring our local culture. We offer quality private tours for everyone around many locations.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We recently visited Buenos Aires and booked a day trip to Colonia thru Fabian, our fabulous Cultura cercana rep. Fabian took great care of us. He provided airport transfers and our tour of Buenos Aires. He purchased our ferry tickets for Colonia, picked us up at our hotel and delivered us to the ferry terminal and provided us with all the information we needed. We were met in Colonia by our guide Bruno. He was terrific. He toured us around the quaint old town section in a nice warm car. Bruno is very knowledgable about Uruguay and he attends the Univerisity of Montevideo. My son, who studies Latin American history at the UofA grad school, and Bruno had a lot to discuss. It was a very interesting and informative tour. We really enjoyed our day. You will not go wrong with Cultura Cercana and you should not miss Colonia. We feel like we have new friends in South America. We miss Bruno and Fabian already.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I strongly recommend Cultura Cercana,in particular Bruno, if you are game to take a personalized, private tour with a highly knowledgeable, warm, delightfully funny guide. I was staying in Colonia and caught a bus to Montevideo for a day trip, where Bruno met me at the Tres Cruces terminal. For a whirlwind tour of MV, the pace was almost leisurely. Bruno tailored this tour to suit my personal interests in Uruguay's history, military history, football, and (yes, opera houses!). Thanks to Bruno, I enjoyed seeing the anchor and rangefinder of the Graf Spree, the downtown market and waterfront, the Teatro Solis (where Bruno cajoled staff into providing us with a private tour of its plush red seats & brightly lit interior), and many memorials to the leaders in the struggle for political independence. What more can I say? Bruno was pure gold--charming, full of amusing anecdotes, and briskly efficient. It was like meeting a old friend for an afternoon walk through the historic centre of Montevideo!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Thank you to Luciano and Bruno for the wonderful tours my friends and I took with you in Buenos Aires and Uruguay last October. Everyone at Cultura Cercana was professional, knowledgeable, friendly and a joy to spend time with. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Carlos and Gardel tango dinner and show that you recommended and booked for us.

I would highly recommend Cultura Cercana and will contact you again when planning a trip to the Latin American countries that you operate in.

Thank you for your assistance in making our trip exactly what we had hoped it would be.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Bruno took my wife and I on a full day tour of Montevideo in December. We had a great time. Bruno spoke English well and was very pleasant. We learned a lot about Uruguay and Montevideo. Everything went according to plan and we would highly recommend Cultura Cercana ( which we used in Buenos Aires too ).

Reviewed 1 January 2013

As previous reviews have stated, Bruno and CulturaCercana are a first rate organization. Our family of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our day in Colonia with Bruno. With his expert advice we found the Buquebus ferry from BA to Colonia very easy to handle. He walked me through the purchasing of the ferry tickets, appropriate ferry times to choose etc. His email contacts were timely and accurate. As far as Colonia goes..... It is a great day trip from BA and there is much to see and learn about Uraguay. Our family rated it one of our best day trips of our two week vacation.